Chapter 1

Present day.

Nina's POV

My parents hugged me as Nick loaded my car with my bags.

"We love you soo much" my dad said

"I love you too" I said as they let me go. "I'll be fine".

"Call us if you need anything or anyone to talk to" mum said
I nodded

"And if you need a break from painting there's a slot in any of the companies" dad smiled

"Dadddd" I dragged

"Just kidding darling" he kissed my forehead as Nick came to join us.

Nick hugged me "I'll miss you so much"

"Me too" I smiled at them as I walked to my car, my second car, a graduation present from my parents, an Audi.

My mum was on the brink of crying.
"Hey mum. I'm not getting married yet" it made her chuckle

I got into my car and started the engine
"Goodbye Mrs Carmen"

Mrs Carmen has been part of the family since before Nick and I came into the family. She's like a second mum to us.

"Dios mio! Te quiero mucho mi amor" she spoke in Spanish

I drove off.

"Have a safe trip Nina" I heard mum call after me

An hour later.

I just arrived at my house. I drove into the garage. Took my bags into the house one after the other. I had six bags. Two filled with my shoes and the other four, my clothes. So it took three back and forth journey to get them into the house and one last one to get my hand bag, my phone and my car keys.
Inside the house, I dropped the car keys on the table, my bag on the chair and I dialled Nick's phone.

Ring! Ring!

"You just arrived?"

"Yes I did"

"No paparazzi asking about your fiance?"
Yeah I'm engaged to be married...at least that's what the world thinks. I faked my engagement to get the paparazzi away from my dad when he had an important business with the Chinese. I had to do something to get the cameras away from him and that was the only thing I could come up with. And now, its gone viral, after 5 years of the announcement, the paparazzi still wants a photo of my 'imaginary' fiance.

I laughed "No"

He laughed "So what's up?"

"I need to go get groceries soon"

"When are you planning on unpacking?"

"Before I get the groceries...Now"

"Uhm-uhm, bad idea" he said

"Why?"

"When you're done unpacking, you'll be too tired and hungry to do anything at all"

I thought about it for a second.
"Okay then I'll go get groceries right now"

"Good. Talk to you soon"

"Yeah. Tell mum and dad I'm fine"

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye" I hung up.

Now I'm off to get groceries. Got my bag and my keys. Went to the garage, got into the car reversed and drove off.

DANNY'S the biggest store in town and right now it's crowded. I guess cause its a Saturday. I took a cart at the entrance and wheeled in inside DANNY'S.