Chapter 14

Nick's POV

Why was Nina not picking up. I've called her five times already. Let me check with Fabian.

Darn I don't have his number. I'll call Mara for it.

"Hello?" I heard a sexy sleepy voice through my phone. Get your head straight.

"Mara?"

"Nick?" She sounded surprised. I guess she didn't check the caller before picking up or she doesn't have my number.

"Can I get Fabian's number. I want to know if Nina's okay and she isn't answering her phone"

"That would be a waste of time"

"Why?"

"Fabian is no longer staying with Nina. They had...We all had a misunderstanding"

"So Fabian isn't with Nina?"

"No. He's here in the apartment"

Shit! Shit!

Nina was alone in her house and Fabian wasn't with her and Nina isn't picking up her phone. It was already 3:45

"Thanks Mara. See you at work"
I hung up and got dressed. I picked my car keys and ran out of my pent house into the elevator and pushed floor -1. The elevator opened to the car park. I got to my car and drove as fast as I could to Nina's house. Thank God I asked the workers to give me a spare key to her house.

I reached her house at exactly 5:00. Immediately I opened her door I heard her scream thank God her house is sound proof. I ran to her room and saw her screaming, crying and tossing still in the nightmare. Why the hell did it last this long?

"Nina" I yelled and pulled her out of it. She woke up screaming really loud and crying so hard. She pushed me away at first. "Nina. It's Nick."

She looked at me still crying and hugged me so tight I thought I was gonna stop breathing. She held on to me like she didn't wanna be pulled away from me by anyone. I held her and let her cry.
"I'm here. I'm here." As much as she tells our parents and I that she's fine, I hate the fact that she goes through this every night and now it seems worse, finding her thirty minutes longer than she normally is in The Unknown Eternity. She always snaps herself out of it at exactly 3:30 but why did tonight take longer?

Silence.
Her crying had turned to little sobs. I could feel her still shivering. From the temperature or from fear?

"Nina. Go back to sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up"

She shook her head "I can't...I'm too scared"

For the past twelve years she had The Unknown Eternity she never ever told me for once that she was scared. What was different.

"Nina do you wanna talk about it?"

Silence.
She let go of me and leaned on the headboard.

"Normally I wake up in the middle of nowhere that's very dark..." She told me about The Unknown Eternity which has her screaming in her sleep and when she's waking up.
"... but it didn't stop there tonight. I kept running and running and they caught up with me..." Why was tonight any different from other nights?

She cried as she told me about it. When she was done she looked at me
"I'm scared Nick"

I hugged her "Hey its okay. I'm here. I'm not leaving. Unless you want me to"

She shook her head "No. Don't go. Don't leave me alone"

We stayed that way for a while before I knew she was asleep in my arms. I laid her back on her bed. It was now 5:38. She must have been exhausted from the crying and screaming. I left her room and went to the parlour. This was gonna be a long night. I called my assistant and told her that I wouldn't be coming in for work in the morning and she should reschedule any appointment I have for another day. I didn't want to worry mum and dad, so I didn't bother calling them. I did some little work and research using Nina's laptop. I was about sleeping on the couch when I heard her scream.