Chapter 2

Nina's POP

It was very dark. Only the light from the moon shone bright. I couldn't see much. I tried taking a step but my legs weren't moving. I looked back to see if I could find someone...anyone. or anything, and there it was staring at me, looking deep into my soul...

"Ahh" I woke up screaming...again
I calmed myself down and realized once again that it was just a nightmare.

Time? 3:30am
Place? My house
What? The Unknown Eternity.

Yeah, The Unknown Eternity has struck again for the 4394th time. Which is from the 12years; 3 leap years and 9 normal years, 2 months and 18 days in March.
I thought of what Nick would tell me now 'Hey calm down. Go back to sleep, I'm right here...'

Ring! Ring!
Nick.

"Are you alright?"

"Yea. I'll be fine"

He sighed
"Go back to sleep"

"Okay. Bye"
He hung up.

The only advantage about The Unknown Eternity is that once I have it and I wake up, it doesn't continue if I go back to sleep like any other nightmare. The funny part is that I never get to have a normal dream or any other crazy, scary nightmare. I've only had The Unknown Eternity for the past twelve years and it doesn't seem to stop fee-reaking me out every night.
Now I can have a goodnight sleep without dreams or nightmares. I have a very long day ahead of me.

Ring! Ring! Ringgg!
The alarm wakes me at exactly 6:00am. I stifled a yawn, made the sign of the cross and got out of bed.
My things would be here anytime soon.
I went out of My room and into the bathroom. When I was done, I went downstairs with my phone and into the kitchen. Took a bowl out of the cupboard, poured milk into it, put some rice flakes into it and began eating.
I went to the parlour, turned on the t.v. and sat down. The next thing in heard made me look at the t.v.

"Did Nina Anderson move out of her parents house and into her fiance's house?' The reporter asked "It seems like Nina Anderson, daughter of the billionaire, Damian Anderson, had a huge fight with her family and moved out of their house to live with her fiance..."

I sighed "They never get tired"
I remembered the Punch Lines when I announced my engagement back in Oxford.

'Rich, Beautiful, Talented Nina Anderson is engaged'

A smile hit my face remembering how mad dad was when the news was all over the tabloids.
"What have you done Nina?"

"Dad its good publicity for us"

"How? It just changes your image to the people"

"Exactly, they think I'm engaged but I'm not. It gives them something untrue to talk about for a while and probably until after your business with the Chinese. They'll be to wrapped up in trying to figure out who my fiance is and not worrying about any of us"
He smiled then

"And it'll also keep the guys away form me" I smiled
Dad laughed

"You'll make a great business woman someday"

Now, here we are. No one has figured it out yet. Every presenter, every reporter, every magazine and newspaper has shifted their attention to my - imaginary - fiance.
What a joke?

Beep!
New message - Nick
*Watching the news?

*As usual. Rumours fly #LOL

Nick and I watch the news every morning, mostly to see how far they've gone with my imaginary fiance.

Beep!
*I'm still surprised how long this charade has gone

*I also can't believe they're still looking after so long

*TTYL, Have to work. #kisses

*Okay #kisses

Ding! Dong!
Doorbell rings.

Dropped my empty bowl in the sink and went to the door which is glass, so I can see who it is. A man with a base ball cap and a note pad is standing telling two other men to open the truck.

I open the door and smile.
"Hello Miss Anderson"

"Hello Tom "
Tom has worked for my dad for ten years now as a delivery man.

"Would you show me where you want the painting to be"

"No problem"
Two men carried a few paintings covered with a dark cloth to the room after my bedroom. Then the ones uncovered were carried to the studio at the basement. Some were placed here and there in the house and all my painting materials were carried to the studio.

"Would you please sign here" Tom said after they were done

He held out his note pad and gave me a pen. I signed and off he went.
Now I feel more alive cause I'm surrounded with my paintings and I can start painting once again. I smiled in the empty space. I took my phone and went to the studio.

I got to the studio, turned on the lights. The studio was really spacious and painted different colours and I loved it even though the one I had back home was twice the size of this and was painted cream. The only thing that was wrong with the one back home was that it wasn't part of the house. It was built a little bit far away from the main house. I love this one, its just...right.
I turned on the a.c., plugged my phone to the speakers and played my studio music. Aaron Zigman filled the room while I started working on a new canvas. I took a palette of different colours and started painting.
The song changed to one of Carter Burwell's
An hour and a half later, my phone rang. I wiped my hands and picked up the call

"Hello Mr Fitz"

"Hello Miss Anderson"

Mr Fitz was one of the professors who taught me in Oxford and knew about my love for drawing and painting. Art in general. He introduced me to someone who teaches art to students who cannot afford to go to well known art schools. I volunteered to help him out which is also another reason why I moved here.
"Its Nina to you Mr Fitz"

"Okay! Nina. I called to confirm your resumption date"

"What resumption date?"

"Your resumption date for when you start working with Mr Pattie"

"Oh. When is it?"

"You start tomorrow. 8am. Don't be late"

"I'm never late Mr Fitz. Thank you"

"Goodbye Nina"

"Goodbye Mr Fitz"
The line went dead.

I danced round in circles cause I was really excited about teaching people what I love doing. This is the time I need a pet to talk to but training it would be the problem now that I have a job.

Nick!

I dialled his number.

Voicemail.

"Hey Nick, its Nina. I just called to tell you that I resume tomorrow in the Art school I volunteered at and I can't wait to start. Wish me luck, love you. Bye" I ended it.