I Hate Cancer

That Friday after school me and Nick went to the arcade. We played the claw game and went for some dog tags. We imprinted our names on them and exchanged them. I knew at that moment we would be friends forever. Nick was going to stay at my house tonight so we stayed up late. But he fell asleep at ten-o'clock. And I fell after he did. I woke up that Saturday morning. And I looked down to the side of my bed. My best friend Nick was still sleeping. I smiled and he opened his eyes slowly. I laughed.

"Well, your awake." He said. "I thought you were sleeping." I lifted an eyebrow.

"I was. Then you started snoring."

"I was snoring!" He asked. "Wow. Was I loud?"

"Like an elephant." I told him. We laughed and got up.

"I wonder what's for breakfast?" We walked out of my room. My mother was making pancakes. "Mmmm. That smells good, Mrs. Reedman." My mom smiled and set down some pancakes in front of us. We ate quickly. We grabbed our shoes and ran outside. I grabbed my bike and Nick took my old one and we went riding down my street. After ten minutes of riding and talking we came back. His mom was waiting for us. His stuff was already packed.

"Aww darn. I have to go." I smiled at him.

"He. Don't be sad. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled back and we did our handshake. Fist bump, high five, hand shake, and then bro hug. He got in the car and waved good bye to me.

"Nico. come inside." my mother called. I waved back and ran into my house.

The next day I went to church and we sat together. Singing and praying together. We were the best of friends. When we were getting the "body of Jesus(the bread) and the blood of Jesus Christ(the wine and juice)and we were waiting to go up I was behind Nick. I was think of the good times we had together and we would never be separated Nick clutched his chest. I noticed this and when he was falling over I caught him. Everyone crowded. Some called 911 because an ambulance came in. They lifted him on a stretcher and took him away. I was taken with him. They didn't have time to get his mother so I went with him. He was pasted out when I sat with him. His moms car behind us. The paramedic was checking his pulse and breathing. It was slowing down. But he was staying alive. We got to the hospital and the hooked him up in tubes and cords.The doctor said he has lung cancer. He awoke awhile later and noticed me sitting in the chair next to him.

"Nico. What happened?" I looked up at him.

"The doctor said you have cancer in your lungs. It will be alright though." He nodded. His mother came in. She kissed his forehead and hugged him saying h

She was happy he was ok. He smiled and fell asleep again. We waited for a while. Then his mother and mine went to get coffee. And they left me with him. When he woke up again. He looked me in eyes and said,

"Nico... I love you like a brother. He held out his hand. Opened it and inside was the dog tag with my name on it. "Take it brother. And remember... I love you bro. Never forget me..." I took his hand. I started to cry. He closed his eyes again. His heart monitor went faster and faster. I got up and screamed.

"Nurse! NURSE!!" The doctors came in. One of them took me out. The doctor held me while I cried in his chest. He said,

"Now there. Now there. He'll be ok. He'll be alright." His voice was hopeful, but fully. The rest of the doctors and nurses came out. We looked up at them. They shook there heads with sadness in there eyes. I started to cry again. Nicks and my mothers came back. And when Nicks mom saw me crying. She knew he was dead. Tears started in her eyes and she fell to her knees. My mother tried to comfort her but she went on sobbing. The doctor let me go and I ran to Nicks bed side. I took his hand again,

"Nick. Nick! Brother, don't be dead please don't be dead." I keep on crying. I screamed and kept crying then I yelled to the whole world.

"I HATE CANCER!!!!!!"

Quinn/Nico: speaking) guys I just want to say I would think twice about hating a friend or never talking to them again. Because this might happen to them.