The Notafication

As I stood there. Wondering what Kate was talking about. She said my eyes were red. I went to a bathroom. I looked right into a mirror. They were red. Like fire and lava mixed. Kate popped in right behind me. When she ask if I was ok a boy behind me in a stall screamed. We exited the bathroom. We were walking down the hallway. I had my hood up as usual and Kate had sunglasses on. We were good friends now. I knew that was a fact. I knew Kate was the only friend I've had since Nick died.

We came into chemistry. Today we were mixing fire with stomach acid. I was excited inside, but I never show it on the out. Me and Kate were partners. As she held the bottle of acid I dropped a candle inside. The acid. It like vibrated. I saw. Ripples. It was amazing. Before we left the science lab the janitor walked in. He was picking up the broken pieces of glass that the unintelligent kids were trying to make in the project. This time I looked him in the eyes. He noticed my glare and did the same. I looked away remembering my red eyes. He did the same again.

"Son. I know what haunts you." He stands up. Me and Kate look at him.

"You do sir?" I ask trembling. He nodded.

"I know your friend is haunting you and your dreams." I gave the janitor a glare.

"Shut up. I know he's dead. I know he's haunting me. But just shut the hell up." He smirked and went back I his work. Kate grabbed my arm before I could give him one right in the face.

"Let's go Quinn. We don't want to be late for history." She let go. We turned and walked out. I would never forget that. I'll never forget that notification of the janitor. That smirk of his. and I'll never forget that Kate saved me. That's why I love her.