Run Away. Chapter 3.

This can’t be right. Jacob and I? Imprinted? No, it can’t be right. Someone would have said something. Wouldn’t they? I would have thought so, I hope so. Unless they didn’t know. Mum and dad can’t have known. But Alec knew, just be being near us; so they must have known.

I can feel the wind blowing through my hair, tugging at the curls, I can see all the wildlife, hear it, as I’m running after the scent of my family. I can hear Jacob running after me, and Alec after him. I jump into the trees, scaling it as high as I can, and jump from tree to tree like that. I go a little out of my path, knowing that my pursuers would follow the scent this way. I then go back circle retrace my own steps to get back on the path I was following. I repeat that a few times, just in case. My dad taught me to do that.

 I could hear my family now, quietly I crawl down the tree, careful to not let their prey hear me. I look to see what they’ve been hunting. Deer. I see a stag, and Uncle Emmett getting ready to pounce. I  have a clear view of the stag, and a clear route to pounce before my Uncle. Swiftly, I spring out of the tree, and onto the stags back, wrapping my legs around its stomach and sinking my teeth into its neck.

‘Nice, Nessie.’ Comments Uncle Jasper, laughing at the look on Uncle Emmett’s face. He’s on  the floor, looking like he stopped himself mid-pounce.

‘We’re going home.’ Says my dad, he knows what’s happened. My mum comes up to me, and gives me a hug. Then, she takes my hand, leading me away with my father.

‘Dad! Stop it! Let him go!’

‘Edward, sweetheart, calm down.’

‘Son, let go of him.’

My dad wouldn’t listen to any of us, his grip never once loosened from Alec’s neck. He growled in response to a thought I couldn’t hear, and threw Alec against the glass windows on the opposite side of the room. The glass shattered around Alec, and he went flying out the window. No one went after him, and almost immediately he was back in the room. He didn’t seem angry, or even a little annoyed, he seemed... apologetic.

‘Edward, I’ve told you, I’m sorry. I thought she knew. I wouldn’t have said anything if I knew otherwise.’ He explained. I was still stuck at the part where Jacob and me Imprinted.

I sat on my beanbag chair, stared out the window, thinking back through the years I have spent with Jacob. He’d always been nice to me, although I knew that when my mum was pregnant he hated me. I suppose an Imprint was a good reason to not hate me anymore. My dad was yelling, the rest of my family trying to calm him down, Alec standing behind my family. I get up, I don’t want to be here. I walk up the stairs, into my room, and collapse on my bed.

‘Nessie?’ Its Jacob, ‘Nessie, can I come in?’

‘Sure.’ He comes and sits on the end of my bed, looking out the window. ‘So, an Imprint, huh?’

‘Yes. It doesn’t mean anything though, well it does, but Nessie, I’m here for whatever you need. A babysitter, a friend, a best friend, a boy friend.’ He looked away from me sheepishly. ‘I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. Whatever you need, I’ll be here for you.’

‘What if I don’t want this?’ I know how it sounds when the words come out my mouth, but... I don’t care. People have been hiding this from me my whole life. ‘You’re basically saying that I belong to you. That I’m somehow linked to you, and have been since I was a baby. Did you ever think that I might not want this?’

‘I did. Unfortunately, we cant stop it.’

‘I’m tired.’ I wasn’t, I just wanted him to leave me alone. ‘Can you go so I can sleep please.’

‘Sure, I’ll be downstairs if you need me.’ He says as he gets up and walks to my door.

‘Not like you’ll need me to come get you, though huh? You can feel it if I need you, right? That’s how you knew Alec was here. It’s kind of like you’re spying on me.’ I lay down, and pull my covers over my head.

I’m not sure how long I layed there, but it was night when I woke to a knock at my door.

‘Hello? Who is it?’ I asked my voice cracking.

‘It’s Alec. Can I come in?’

‘Erm, one second.’ I grabbed my silk dressing gown from the end of my bed, and tied it around me before opening the door. ‘Come in.’

‘Thanks.’ He said as he walked into my room, and followed me to my bed. ‘Do you mind if I sit down?’

‘No, feel free.’ He sat next to me, and looked around my room. ‘I really am sorry about what I did. I didn’t know that you didn’t know.’

‘I know, but well, I’m glad I know.’ I giggled slightly.

‘What re you laughing at?’ Alec asked me curiously.

‘Us. The whole ‘I know’ all the time thing. But seriously, I’m glad I found out.’

‘You shouldn’t have heard it form me though.’ Alec seemed really sorry.

‘It doesn’t matter. No one else would have told me. Do you want to go out?’ Alec looked at me, shocked. ‘For a walk.’

‘Oh, sure.’ He stood up, and held out his hand. I put mine in it and stood up. ‘Shouldn’t you get dressed first?’ he asked, his eyes looking down my white silk dressing gown, lingering on my chest and legs, then back up to my eyes.

‘No, I’m ok. I’ll just put some shoes on quick.’ I went to my wardrobe and took out my white ballet pumps. I turned round and with a smile said, ‘I’m ready.’

Alec and I had been walking through the woods for a little while now, talking about random stuff. Suddenly, we heard a low growl coming from just ahead of us. Alec took my hand and pulled me behind him. Out of the trees a huge black wolf strode towards us, Alec took up a protective position in front of me. I put my hand on his shoulder, and walked around him.

‘Sam?’ I knew who it was. Sam Uley, alpha of one the wolf packs. ‘Sam, it’s Renesmee Cullen.’

‘Renesmee, get behind me.’ Alec said, ‘You don’t know what he’ll do.’

‘He won’t hurt me, Alec. Sam, we’re just passing by, we won’t go over the treaty line, promise.’ I flashed him a smile, and grabbed Alec’s hand, pulling him along with me. As we walked we heard Sam walking away from us and howl. I wondered who he was calling.