Run Away. Chapter 8.

My eyes snapped open; I looked up, to see Alec watching me. He was smiling, and then when he knew that I really was awake he moved his head down and kissed me softly.

‘Good morning. You didn’t sleep very well did you?’

‘What? What do you mean?’ I ask, snuggling against him.

‘You were tossing and turning, moaning screaming. You even started hitting me. What were you dreaming about?’ he explained.

‘I... I dreamt of my family. Dad and Jacob were fighting, and then they just stopped and looked. They looked at me, but it wasn’t me. It was a different me, a darker me. I was so evil.’ I looked up at him, ‘I’m going to change aren’t I? I’m not going to be me for much longer am I?’

Alec sat up, ‘Do you want to change?’

‘I don’t know. I want to fit in here, but I still want to be me.’

‘Then we’ll make sure that that happens.’ He said and took my face in his hands. ‘I will do anything to make sure that you are happy.’

I walked back to my room, and headed straight for my wardrobe already thinking about what I was going to wear that day. I decided on a black corseted top, a deep purple mini skirt and black knee length boots. I ran my brush through my hair and grabbed the cloak that was hanging on the back of my door before walking out of my room and up to the main room. As I got closer more vampires joined me. Suddenly, I felt incredibly intimidated, and I’m sure they all know it. A hand rests on my shoulder and I whirl around, my heart beating ridiculously fast.

‘Renesmee, it’s just me.’ Alec says. As he registers what I’m wearing his mouth falls open. ‘You look... amazing.’

‘Really? I feel a little... I don’t know. Is it totally stupid that I’m really intimidated?’

‘No, of course not. You’re used to being with your family, a vegetarian family. It’s natural for you to feel weird for a while, but trust me, you’ll get used to the set up here.’

He took hold of my hand and lead me into the main room, Aro was already there, as were Marcus and Caius. As I entered with Alec, Aro stood up and walked towards me.

‘You look beautiful Renesmee. I can definitely see your mother and father in you. Did you sleep well?’ he asked

‘Yes, thank you. Also, thank you for my wardrobe, the clothes are amazing.’

‘Your welcome, anything to make you feel more comfortable. Although, Renesmee, you look troubled. What’s wrong child?’ he asked. I didn’t know whether to answer or not, so I settled with telling him half the truth.

‘I just had a bad dream, I’m fine though.’ I smiled, and hoped that he was fooled.

‘Ah, well why you don’t and Alec go and stand with the rest of the guard.’ He walked back to his chair and sat down. I looked up at Alec, who gave me a dazzling smile and then pulled me with him to the rest of the guard.

*2 MONTHS LATER*

Even though it’s only been 2 months since I moved here, I do feel like one of them. Which in a way, I suppose, is bad. I haven’t forgotten my family though, I never will. I asked Aro if I could be excused from their feeding. I had a few problems because of that, but Alec made sure that everyone knew that he would sort out anyone who hurt me.

‘I should probably get up, shouldn’t I Elvis?’ I felt him laying next to me, and as I said his name he popped his head up. He looked at me with his big brown eyes, begging for me to let him stay where he is comfortable. ‘If I have to get up and out of me, you do too.’ He licked my hand as I picked him up.

‘Oh, you’re up then.’ Alec’s voice came out of nowhere, and as I turned around I saw the steam flowing out the door of my bathroom. Alec was standing in a towel and walking towards me. I put Elvis on the floor and put my arms round his neck as he got to me. His arms went round my waist and he kissed my neck. ‘So, you do like the puppy then?

‘Yes. Very much. He’s so cute.’ I answered.

‘So, please tell me why you called him Elvis?’ I smacked his chest playfully.

‘Elvis was awesome, and when he was young he was gorgeous. Plus I love him. And you gave me the puppy and the right to call him what I wanted.’

‘Good point.’ He kissed my neck again and pushed me against the bed. I landed with a small bounce on the mattress, with Alec on top of me, his towel falling away from him.

His hand slid down to my thigh and pushed up my silk nightdress, skimming it over my shoulders and throwing it to the floor. He kissed me again with more passion than before, and trailed his lips down my neck and shoulders, kissing every part of my body he could. I knew where this was leading. His lips came back to mine, and we crushed our bodies together. We heard a knock at the door.

‘Eurgh.’ I moaned aloud.

‘Ignore it.’ Alec whispered in my ear as the tip of his tongue explored my neck.

‘Hey! I do not care what you two are doing in there! Aro wants to speak to Renesmee! NOW!!’ Jane’s annoyed voice came through the door. I pushed Alec off me, and walked to my closet.

‘Good morning Aro. Jane told me that you wanted to speak to me?’ I asked as I walked into the main room.

‘Ah, yes. Renesmee please follow me into my library.’ He turned and walked away. I gave Alec a quick peck on the cheek and followed him. When I got into Aro’s personal library I closed the doors behind me, and stood waiting for further instructions from Aro. ‘You will want to sit, my dear.’

I did as he said, and sat in the chair opposite Aro. He looked worried, and was holding a few pieces of paper in his hands.

‘Aro? What is it? What’s wrong?’ I asked Aro, leaning forward in my chair. He had become like a father to me, looking after me, making me feel welcome. ‘Aro?’

‘Renesmee. I received a letter from your Grandfather this morning. He, your Uncles Jasper and Emmett, and Aunts Alice and Rosalie are going to be visiting soon.’

I gasped in shock. Why would they want to come here?

‘What about my mother and father? And Grandma Esme?’ my voice came out as barely a whisper.

‘They are not coming.’

‘Did they say why they are coming?’

‘I am afraid not.’ He placed his hand on mine. ‘If you do not wish to see them, you will not have to. You know I will not make you do anything.’

‘When are they coming?’ my voice was becoming more confident now.

‘Tomorrow evening’

‘Tomorrow? Can I go for a walk? Come back and talk again later? Once I have had time to think about his?’

Of course you can Renesmee. I will make sure no one interrupts you. You may go now.’ I stood up and walked towards the door. ‘And Renesmee? I like Elvis.’

I looked to the floor, and sure enough Elvis had followed me in here.

‘I do like Siberian Huskies’ Aro said, smiling.

‘So do I, sir.’ Then I walked out, past the guard, and Alec, straight to the doors, until I was in the town of Volterra. I continued walking, to the walls of Volterra, and walked out. From there I ran straight to the forests.

I found my way to the small lake that Alec had brought me to when I had started feeling home sick. There was a high rock that we used as a ledge to dive off, and some smaller ones that we usually just sat on and talked. Today I headed for the small flat rock that was a little away from the waters edge unlike the others. I sat on it and crossed my legs. I closed my eyes. I thought of Jacob.