Run Away. Chapter 15.

Renesmee POV.

We all sat in the lounge of the cottage, Alec and I on the two seat couch, Aunty Alice was sitting on the arm chair, with Uncle Jasper sitting on the arm beside her. Grandpa Carlisle and Grandma Esme on the couch. Alec held my hand, gently stroking it with his thumb, calming me down.

The awkward silence had been lingering around us since they got here, ten minutes ago. No one spoke. My eyes were firmly looking at my knees, but I could see Uncle Jasper squirming slightly. This must be hell for him.

'If someone doesn't speak soon I think we might actually kill Uncle Jasper.' I whispered.

I heard him chuckle, and looked up at him in time to see him nod, agreeing with me. I didn't know how to start the conversation I was about to have with my Grandparents. Aunty Alice looked at me with a small smile, and nodded her head; she must have seen that this would turn out ok.

'Tell us what happened from the beginning Ness- Renesmee.' My grandpa suggested.

'Erm, ok. Well after I spoke to you guys, I was planning on going hunting, relieving some stress, but Jacob followed me. We argued a lot, and he asked me to marry him. I- I just couldn't. It felt all wrong, everything has felt wrong since I got back here. I was happy in Volterra. I was happy with Alec, and you guys ripped me out of it.' I took a deep breath, before getting back to the story. 'I told Jacob I couldn't marry him. He got really mad, and then he phased and went to attack me. If it wasn't for Alec, I would be dead right now.'

I felt Alec stiffen at the bluntness of my words. I only told the short story, I didn't think we had much time to get really in depth right now.

'Are you really happy with him?' Grandma Esme asked me.

'Yes, happier then I've ever been.' I replied honestly.

'And are you happy with her? Will you protect her?' she asked Alec.

'Yes. I feel as if my whole existence I've been waiting for Renesmee. I will do anything to protect her, do anything to make her happy.' He answered.

Grandma Esme and Grandpa Carlisle looked at each other.

Alec POV.

After seeing Renesmee almost being killed by that dog. I was not going to leave her side, however much I wanted to go after him and rip him apart for even thinking about hurting her. I can still the slight bruise he gave her on her arm after he had grabbed her.

I have never been so angry, so scared in my entire worthless existence as I was in that moment I heard Renesmee whimpering that she was scared. And he did not care. Just the thought of it was making me more angry then I have ever felt. He was willing to hurt her, because she did not love him. He was willing to hurt her, because she loves me. I can still see everything that happened, I can still hear her whimpering, still sense the fury rolling off of him and how terrified Renesmee was.

I was shocked when he ran off, but that was not what I cared about. I only cared that Renesmee was behind me. I had her back in my arms. That was all I cared about. I had been watching her trying to talk to her family, trying to get them to understand. I could not help but think that if I had followed her sooner I could have saved her from such heartache.

I did mean to follow her sooner, but as I told her, I was incapable. I had become a mess after she left. I would never admit it to her, or anyone else, but I had stayed in her bed for days after she left. It was the place I could still smell her. It was only when Elvis had ran in that I realised what I had to do. I left Elvis with Aro to watch, and ran after her.

I reached my hand to her, stroking her hair whilst she slept. It did concern me that she was still able to sleep, although she was a full vampire. Her grandparents and Alice and Jasper had promised to keep everyone away from the cottage so she could get some rest. Right now her head was resting on my chest, her hand tracing lines on my stomach. I wondered what she was dreaming about. I gently picked her hand up, and pressed it to my face.