Run Away. Epilogue.

Alec POV.

The phone rang only three times before it was answered. I glanced at Renesmee; she was lying in the bed sleeping. Her hair spread across the pillow, the sheets barely covering her. I silently walked out of the room, closing the door behind me, and walked down the path to the beach. Renesmee and I had been on Isle Esme for two and a half months now. The time had flown by.

'Hello?' I heard through the phone, I had almost forgotten.

'It is Alec. I need to ask you something.'

'Alec? What's wrong? Is it Renesmee? You tell me now, what has happened to my daughter!' Edwards's voice was getting louder as he started to worry.

'Nothing. Nothing is wrong with her. I just wanted to ask your permission.' I felt butterflies in my stomach, my hands had started to shake.

'Permission?' Edward said warily.

'I know how you were brought up. I know what you think of tradition. So I had to ask you first, I would have come to Forks to ask you in person, but I do not have enough time.' Edward tried to interrupt me, but I continued. Now I was in my stride, I could not stop. 'Edward, I want to ask you for your permission to ask Renesmee to marry me.'

Everything was silent for a few minutes on the other end of the phone. I could not even hear Edward breathing.

'Can I call you back?' Edward asked me.

'Erm, well, er... Yes. Of course.' I answered.

Edward hung up, and my head fell; things did not look good. What if he said no? I want to marry Renesmee; I want to be with her for the rest of eternity. We are perfect for each other. I am totally different around her, the old cold, hard, unloving Alec was no where in sight when I am with Renesmee. Renesmee makes me feel whole, complete. She is the love of my existence; I do not know what I would do without her.

I heard the phone start to ring, and answered it immediately.

'Hello?' I said urgently.

'Alec. It's Edward, and Bella.' He answered.

'Excuse me! We're here too!' I heard Alice shout.

I chuckled nervously.

'So, er... have you thought about what I asked?'

'Yes. I have. Bella and I have talked about it.'

I swear he was trying to torture me. 'And?' I asked him.

'I'd like to ask you a question first.' Edward started. 'Without our permission, what would you do?'

'I... well... I do not know. I understand that you do not like me, but I love your daughter. I will not do anything without your permission. Even if I have to wait millennia for your approval, I will.' I answered him.

'Good.' I heard Edward say. 'Right answer Alec.'

I heard a squeal from the background, I guess it was Alice.

'Alec, you have Bella and my approval.' I heard another squeal, and a few whoops. 'And it seems you have the approval of the rest of the family too.'

A huge smile spread across my face, I was elated.

'Edwards, do you mind if I go?'

'Oh, yeah. Sure.'

'No! Alec, you promise me that I can plan the wedding!' I heard Alice yell down the phone.

'Sure, Alice. As long as Renesmee is ok with it.' I called back.

'Yes! I have to go and start planning'