Run Away, Chapter 10.

Renesmee POV.

I woke up a few day later. The pain had gone. Nothing had changed to much. I could hear a little better. I could see a little better. I couldn't feel my heart beating against my chest. I looked up to see Alec sitting at the end of my body, stroking Elvis.

I coughed a little, getting there attention. Alec was beside me in an instant, one of his hands in mine, the other stroking my cheek. He sighed.

'I think I'm going to miss your warm skin. Usually you would've blushed by now.' He dipped his lips to mine. 'But at least your alive. Well as alive as you can be.'

'It worked then.' I said.

'Yes.' Then his eyes flashed a brighter red, and went still as stone. 'Why didn't you tell me? You could've told me you were planning this.'

He stood up and walked away from me.

'No , I couldn't. you wouldn't have let me do it.'

'Of course I wouldn't! it was a stupid idea! He could've killed you! There was no reasoning behind this decision Renesmee!'

I flinched as he shouted at me. Sure, he didn't know why I did it, I hadn't told him. But he didn't have to be mad at me. I thought he knew me. At least that he knew me enough to know I wouldn't do anything like this without thinking about it first.

'Yes, there was. There was a reason.' I sat back down on the bed. 'I told you, Alec.'

Alec pulled me close to him, and soothed me while I fell apart.

I knew this was what I wanted, but my parents were going to be so mad. My Imprint with Jacob had been the only connection to home that I had. Now I didn't even have that.

'You miss them don't you.'

'Yes. So much.'

'Renesmee, my beautiful Renesmee. Do you remember what you talked to Aro about before you turned? I know it's going to b difficult, but I want you to try and remember.'

We sat for a while in silence while I tried to remember. And then I did.

'My family! They're coming here!' I shouted.

'They're already here. Probably in the Throne Room. Everyone has been waiting for you to wake up. And Aro told me to bring you there as soon as you did.' He looked down at me, 'Are you ok with going now?'

'Yeah. Lets get it over with.'

Alec POV.

We walked, hand in hand, into the Throne Room. Aro stood as we entered the room, I could see the Cullen's in the corner stand up too. Renesmee just looked at Aro with a grin on her face.

'Ah, Renesmee. You look stunning.' Aro commented.

'Thank you, Aro.' She hugged him. The only person who would ever hug Aro, and the only one he would ever let. His eyes glazed over for a second as he read her mind. Then he blinked, and they stepped away. 'I see. That's interesting. Alec.' He put his hand out, and mirrored him.

I knew he could se everything, if I could blush I probably would have. The thoughts I was having of Renesmee when she first opened her eyes to me were memories I wish he couldn't see. His lips curled into a small smile, before letting me go. I went straight back to Renesmee's side, she had stood next to Felix now.

Suddenly, the of the Volturi stiffened. We all smelt it. It smelt like wet dog. I knew that smell. I wrapped my arms around Renesmee, and pulled her a little behind Felix. The Cullen's started walking towards the door, lead by Carlisle of course. The doors flew open, and I felt Renesmee stiffen into me, like she was trying to hide herself in my body. We heard the shouting, hell everyone in Italy probably heard the shouting. Then everyone was calm.

'Jasper' Renesmee whispered with a smile. She wasn't very good with shouting. It was going to be difficult, what with her joining our Coven and all. Three heads snapped up, looking our way.

'Nessie! You're alive!' the mutt exclaimed, and started to run towards her.

Felix crouched in front of her, and I pushed her behind me, crouching down to. Heidi, Demitri and Jane were also by our sides, crouching, baring there teeth. Aro stood beside Renesmee, hands on her shoulders.

'Jacob. Stay where you are. They'll rip you apart without hesitation.' Edward called out to him.

'I don't care! What is she doing in the middle of them like that!' the dog yelled.

'She thinks she's joining them' Edward said calmly.

'Thinks? Oh she is!' I yelled at them.

'No. My daughter is coming home with us.'

'This is her home. Here, with me.' I could hear growling coming from the Cullen's and the mutt. Renesmee put her small hand onto my back, and stood beside me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

'Alec. I don't want a fight.' she looked into my eyes, and sounded so vulnerable, so scared.

I stroked her cheek softly, and pulled her into me. 'I know my love. I know. But I wont let them take you away from me. You belong with me now.' I kissed her forehead, before the snarling got to much and I was being thrown away from her.

Everything went to quickly. I heard Renesmee scream. I saw the Cullen's charge at us. I saw the mutt burst into fur. I saw four other wolves run into the room and attack us. Everyone was fighting. Renesmee screamed my name, her voice was becoming more and more distant. Her scent slipping away. I fought my way through the crowds, until I got the hall. I realised her parents weren't fighting, neither was the mutt. I raced down the hall, but was knocked to the floor by a boulder of vampire. He stood above me, looking at me deadly serious.

'Stay away, if you know what's good for you. We will do anything to protect that little girl'

And then he ran away from me. Leaving me on the floor, empty alone. And feeling as if half of me was missing. I had only just really gotten my Renesmee, and they had just taken her. Against her will.

I ran to her room, her scent was still here on everything. I picked up her bed sheets and breathed her sweet scent in. she was gone. My stone heart cracked.