Run Away. Chapter 4.

Alec and I walked up to the small lake, light beaming down on us. I looked at him, and was amazed by the beams of light bouncing off of him like diamonds. I’ve seen this before; I do it myself, just not as much. Maybe it was just because the other vampires I’ve seen do this are my family, but Alec looked hot. I slipped my dressing gown off of my shoulders and let it fall to the ground. I was only in my short white silk night dress now. I walked forward, feeling the cool water lap over my feet. I walked in more, until I was swimming.

‘Are you coming or what?’ I asked, turning to look at Alec. I flashed him a smile before diving under the water.

He laughed, pulled off his shirt and shoes and joined me in the lake. It was the first time I’ve ever seen him even smile. It was nice, cute. He swam over to me, circled me and put an arm around my waist under the water. He pulled me closer to him. So close that I was pressed against his chest. He looked into my eyes, a small smile tugging at his lips. I saw him leaning towards to me.

‘Oh god, he’s going to kiss me. Oh my god’ I thought. Then, suddenly a small wave of water splashed into me. Alec’s arm had disappeared from my waist, but I heard his laughing just in front of me. I looked up and he was laughing so much I was surprised he hadn’t drowned. In revenge I splashed him back, and that was how we spent the next half hour, until we were both laying on the grass by the lake, soaking up the sun and drying our soaked clothes.

As we got closer to the house, we both started to feel uneasy. That feeling multiplied when we heard shouts and thumps coming from the house. We ran together the rest of the way, and found Emmett in a fight with Felix, my dad with Demetri and my mum with Jane.

‘Mum? Dad? What’s happening?’ I shouted.

‘Jane? Demetri? Felix? What are you doing here?’ shouted Alec at the same time.

Immediately everyone stopped fighting. Alec and I looked at each other and nodded. He went to the members of the Volturi, I went to the members of my family.

‘What happened?’ I asked.

‘Isn’t it obvious? They came looking for him, probably wanted to see if we were all dead yet. Is that right Edward.’ Answered Jacob. I looked at my dad.

‘No. They came looking for him, but only because his scent came this way. They were worried that we were trying to steal him, infiltrate the Volturi so to speak.’ Answered my dad.

‘Are they going to take him away?’ I thought to my dad. He shrugged slightly. ‘What are we going to do?’ I asked, aloud this time.

‘What do you mean? If they want him back, let them take him. He isn’t wanted here anyway.’ Jacob growled.

‘He could get hurt for running away.’

‘To be honest, I don’t care Nessie, he deserves it. No one cares anyway.’ I strode towards him, and slapped him. Feeling a stab of satisfaction as his head snapped round, and I heard the groan of pain, and saw the red print of my hand on his face.

‘I care! Shouldn’t you be able to feel that, what with our special bond!’ I shouted at him, then turned and walked out the door towards the forest.

I could hear them shouting my name, but my dad had taught me well, I knew how to hide my scent trail.

‘Please, just give me some space dad. I won’t be long, I just need to calm down, promise.’ I sent to my dad. I ran to the one place I wanted to be, the lake where Alec and I had been earlier. I felt so safe here; no one would find me here. I sat there for hours, time just flying back without me really noticing how fast.

‘Renesmee, I thought I’d find you here.’ Alec sat down beside me. Putting an arm over my shoulder he said, ‘Everyone’s looking for you. They’re worried.’

‘What did they want?’ I asked.

‘They want to find you. You just ran off. You’ve been gone for hours.’

‘No. I meant your little welcoming committee. What did they want?’

‘For me to go back. Obviously.’

‘Are you... Are you going to go back? I mean you told me earlier that you just wanted a break away. But you can’t leave The Volturi.’ I stumbled over my words, suddenly scared of being left alone without him.

‘I have to. Aro requested it himself, and you can’t say no when Aro requests something.’ He looked down at my hands, which were now covered with his.

‘So, an Aro request is more like an Aro demand.’

‘Yes’ he squeezed my hands.

‘So, so you’re... you’re leaving. Erm, when... when are you going?’ Words just didn’t seem to want to come out of my mouth right now.

‘Tomorrow morning. They want to feed before we leave.’ He stood and suddenly was 6 feet away from me. 

‘You found her then.’ It was Jacob, walking into our secluded paddock. ‘Why didn’t you tell anyone?’

‘I told him not to. I wanted some time alone.’ I interrupted him before he could get into a Jacob style rant.

‘Right, well come on, Nessie.’ He took my arm, but I pulled away. He tightened his grip as I turned to Alec.

‘Ow. Jacob let go.’ I tried to tug my arm away from him. He pulled me to him.

‘I can feel it Nessie. You and him. And it’s not going to happen. Your family won’t allow this.’ He told me in a low voice.

‘Jacob, get off me! Let me go!’ I saw a hand make contact with Jacob’s face, and as Jacob stumbled back, he threw me behind him. I sent screams to my dad, praying that he would find us, and stop the fight that was unfolding in front me.

‘You should never have hurt her.’ Alec said, dodging punches from Jacob, he was calm. Jacob definitely wasn’t.

‘Jacob! Please stop!’ I shouted, as he threw Alec across the clearing into the lake. I could see his anger getting the best of him, he was changing, he was becoming the wolf. He could kill Alec if he changed into that thing. Alec could kill him though too. I didn’t want either of them to die. I had to choose.

Jacob- my best friend for 16 years, he’s stood by me, stuck up for me, protected me. We have a bond, and I do love him.

Alec- I first met him when I was a couple of months old; he had come with the rest of his coven with e intention to kill me. I’d only really known him for a couple of days, but I did feel close to him.

But who did I want most? Who would be able to look after me most? Who could I see myself with?  Right, I had decided. This was what I really wanted. I ran into the middle of the fight, turned to Jacob, and kissed him.

Run Away.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें