Depressing Days(Chapter 8)

So I was supposed to upload this yesterday but I didn't have enough time :) I hope everyone enjoys! Excpect less updates because school starts in TWO days :( Sorry guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron's POV

It was a day less than two weeks from the time we kidnapped Katie. We had finally reached San Antonio and Katie seemed depressed. We were trying to think of a new tactic to getting the money, seeing as we didn't want to be too predictable. This time we decided to pick another hotel instead of a shabby motel. Everyone agreed that we did not want a repeat of what happened last time.

Even though I don't want to admit it, I kind of have feelings for Katie. Seeing her so ......depressed makes me sad and uncomfortable. She hasn't been talking much for the past couple of days which is unlike her usual, caring, kind, and cheerful personality.

I've been trying to tone down (as Katie puts it) my anger issues for her sake because I don't want to admit I care about her. Its easier that way. Once this whole kidnap shebang is over we ca go on with our normal lives. Getting attached to Katie is not part of the plan and will only make things more harder and make us more vulnerable. I'm trying to let out the least amount of damage possible. I want whats best for Katie and a future with me.....is not it. Its too dangerous for her. My secrets are too much for someone like her, someone with a fragile heart, to handle.

I walked over to the table were she and Cameron were drinking orange juice silently at.

"So guys......what's the plan?"

Silence.

"Oh c'mon, we have to be able to think of something. Right?"

More silence.

Now anger was starting to consume me. "Guys, we have to do this okay? The sooner we come up with a plan, the easier things will be and the less of a mess. Should we do another video then? We have to hurry so we don't run out of cash."

Nothing.

I muttered under my breath. This is what I get for trying to be kind and less angry. People start to push my buttons thinking that if I can be a little nice, I can handle not getting my way for a little bit and start acting like idiots. "You know what? Forget it, you two are-"

Katie looked up from her cup of orange juice and I was shocked to see that her beautiful blue eyes were now a red, disturbing color from the lack of sleep and crying. She was shaking as she yelled at me.

"Idiots right? Because no one is as amazing and understanding as you are! God, I can't believe that I thought I actually liked you! You, of all people! I knew this would happen! I knew this was a mistake. You just can't care for anyone but yourself can you? You selfish BASTARD! You know what? I hate you!I HATE YOU! Why don't you make up your stpid plan by yourselt and go talk to someone who cares!" She stood up and ran towards her bed and bounced onto it, crying.

I felt liek she dropped my heart. She hated me. The only person I'd actually started to like more than a friend hated me. This was all my fault. I had to ruin everything didn't I? Why did I have to get angry all the time? Why did I have to fall for such a complicated girl? Why did my mom have to die? Why, oh why did I join that gang? I was the idiot. Not them. She  liked me before! She admitted it! Why did I have to ruin everything?

Cam scolded me. "You messed up big time."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him. Obviously. So instead I said, "I know."

"If you know, go apologize."

I looked at him, appaled. I had never apologized to anyone and I certainly wasn't about to now.

Cam reiterated himself. "If you really do like her, then you should apologize. What will apologizing do anyways? It won't hurt your ego. Just go say sorry and mean it. It will help you."

I looked at the wall beside his head, refusing to look at him. Anywhere but him.

"How do you know if I like her?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm your best friend. I know you better than you know your self. Now go! Shoo, apologize." He shooed me with his hands and I scoffed.

Muttering to myself I said, "Pfft, Yeah right. Knows me better than myself my butt."

I walked into the room and sat on her bed, the mattress sinking below me. She was laying face down on the bed, with her head turned away from me. I scooted closer to her and peeked over her head to see if she was awake so I wouldn't make a fool of myself. She turned her head away from me.

So she was awake.

I brought my hand behind my neck and shifted nervously.

"C-Could you look at me please?'' I said please. Maybe she'd look. I was going to try. I was not going to  lose another person I cared about.

When she didn't turn I sighed and stared down at her form.

"Alright, I guess I deserve  that. I just want you to know that I'm- I'm...." I paused, this was nerve wracking. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. For being such a dickhead and not caring and yelling at you when you didn't do anything and for hitting you and for not paying atttention to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is," I winced. This was not good. I was getting attached and digging myself into a whole I couldn't get out of. "I care. I care alot about you. I know I don't show it and I know I'm angry most of the time and I don'r mean to be. I guess I'm scared or something but I can't lose you Katie. You're one of the most important people in my life ad I can't lose you. I've lost so much already and you mean more to me than you will ever know. And I just figured what a big part  of my life you really are. Literally, Cam convinced me to say sorry. Because I do care. Will you forgive me?"

She sat up, tears streaming down her face. Her blue eyes shined brightly, but were rimmed with red and there were dark holes around her eyes.

I felt her climb into my lap and wrap her legs around my waist and she was trembling. "I'm sorry," Her voice cracked. "I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to-"

"Shhhh..." I cooed. "You're tired. You need to rest."

I wrapped my arms around her and she tucked her face into the crook of my neck and I felt her tears wet my skin and I tightened my hold on her. I'd done this. I'd hurt one of the people I cared about the most. I'd done what I promised to never do again.

"Wa-wait. I have to do something first." She was still shaking.

And she pulled back and pressed her lips hard against mine and tangled her fingers in my hair. I let my hands cup her cheeks, using my thumb to brush away her tears. Her lips were soft but slightly chapped and I made a mental note to get her some chapstick. Our mouths moved in synchronization, desperate and deprived. They fit each other perfectly, almost as though we were meant for each other.

She pulled away first and I let her and she hid her face in my chest and I could hear her taking in deep breaths and letting them out slowly. I felt smell my clothes and resisted the urge to chuckle. This was not the time ot be laughing. I held her against me and we stayed like that for hours until she fell asleep.

I needed to find out why. I needed to find out who did this to her. Who did this to my Katie.

My Katie. The words sounded foreign in my mouth.

I had to do this for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my favorite chapter :) I love it and it was so sweet. Things are about to change around here and you guys will be shocked at the secrets you learn in the end.I hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment. I love knowing who the peopple that voted are. Tell your friends about this story because now I'm starting to et excited about it! Its picking up the pace and I love it :) Enjoy!