Not a word (Chapter 14)

Upload :) I hope you like! Vomment?????Thanks!!!!!!!!

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I became determined to discover what my boyfriend was hiding. When Aaron left the room to check out of the hotel I quickly ran from the kitchen to into the bedroom.

It was a good thing I'd managed to convince Aaron to spare Cam yesterday otherwise we would have gotten nowhere. Cam had been cowering, hiding inside the bathtub, in fear of Aaron's wrath. I'd managed to convince him Aaron was not going to kill him. We had to work together like a team if we didn't want to be caught. Besides, Cam couldn't stay in the bathroom forever. He had to eventually face Aaron.

Luck was on my side and Aaron made up with Cam and everything turned out to be okay again.

"Hey Cam?" I called out.

He screamed, ''AAAAAAAH!"

I clenched my eyes shut and covered them with my hands at the sight of Cam's towel dropping onto the floor off of his waist.

"WHY ARE YOU WALKING IN THE ROOM WITH NO CLOTHES ON?"

"I was wearing a towel!" He countered.

"A towel is practically nothing!"

"You don't walk into someone's room without knocking!''

"There isn't even a door," I complained.

"Oh, deal with it," He rolled his eyes, "Besides, I bet you didn't act that way when you walked in on Aaron and he dropped his towel." He waggled his eyebrows.

I blushed furiously. "I did not! Never mind that, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, anything."

"Umm...Why does Aaron need two  million dollars?"

Cam was silent.

Seriously? Was Cam really not going to tell me? This was ridiculous. Nothing would ever be so horrible that neither Cam or Aaron would tell me. Right?

"Please Cam," I tried.

He shook his head. "I don't have a say in this."

I gave him a flat look. "Of course you have a say in this! You know, Aaron knows, I want to help, you kidnapped me, I deserve to know! You have a say in this! Tell me!" I persuaded him.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you." He shook his head solemnly.

I tangled my hands in my hair, frusterated. "Why not?"

"I can't tell you. This is something you have to hear from Aaron. I'm sorry."

I shot him a cold look. "No, you know what? I'm sorry. I'm sorry I thought you were my friend and I'm sorry I even trusted you. I can't believe I ever thought you cared about me."

His jaw dropped. "What? No, Katie, don't be stupid."

I turned away from him and walked back to the ugly red couch again. I made up my mind.

I refused to talk to either Aaron or Cam until one of them told me why they needed the money. How many times had I been over this? From the first moment when I woke up in their car after they kidnapped me at the restaurant I'd demanded to know why they needed the money they'd get from holding me ransom. Now, two weeks and three day later, I still didn't know why they needed the money.

Aaron couldn't possibly have done anything so horrible he had to hide it from his own girlfriend? Could he? He could trust me. I put my trust in him and I was basically running away from my dad with him.  The least he could do was tell me why he needed the money.

I heard the door creek open and I knew Aaron had entered the room once more.

His voice was rushed, "Okay, we're clear guys. Get all of your stuff and hurry. We're going to the Golden Gate Bridge."

My eyes nearly popped out of their head. What were we going to do there? Weren't we supposed to stay out of the publics eye? That was the stupidest idea ever. I mean, yeah it was good for sightseeing (the reason I'd decided not to turn myself into the police too) but now I really didn't care about exploring the world. I just wanted to help Aaron and then run away with him.

I could change my whole look. Dye my hair blond, cut my hair, get a tan, move. Live with Aaron for the rest of my life. We could have kids and live our own lives. Anything to get away from dad. He never cared about me or what I had to say. He never spent time with me or my step mom. I hated him. He would never let me marry Aaron, let alone stay with him.

Cam asked for me so I kept my vow of silence. "Why are we going there?'' Aaron gestured for us to leave the room. "I'm pretty sure if we could get the police to send us another $500,000 dollars, they'd be able to stash it under the bridge."

"So that's stupid. Won't we be trapped under the bridge when we go to get the money? Can't they just wait for us to come and then corner us under the bridge? No offense but that's the stupidest idea you've ever had. We'll get caught for sure."

We made our way to the lobby and hurried off into the parking lot and then froze. The police were inspecting our car.

Aaron's eyes widened. I could read his mind.

They caught onto us too quickly.

Aaron beckoned us with his hands, pointing to a car across the street. I gave him a flat look. No way in hell was I stealing another car.

He raised his eyebrows, challenging me.

Do you wanna be caught or do you want to escape?

I sighed and tiptoed behind him, crouching behind every decorative tree placed in the lot. As we crossed the street I ran over to the back part of the car that was behind the passenger side and crouched down so no one could see me. I attempted to look around casually, as though I'd dropped a quarter and was not about to steal a car.

I heard the engine rumble and Cam reached behind him and pulled the lock up, unlocking my car door.

Cam spoke up. "You didn't have anything that could give us away in that car, did you?"

Aaron shook his head no. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Aaron tried to speed away casually and as we got farther away from the police, the tension eased away and he began to answer Cam's former question.

"We're not going to get caught there. Trust me. You know how we normally get the money the day after we send our video?"

I nodded my head, prodding him to continue on. "Well we're not going to do that this time. We'll wait three days and then go get the money when they least expect it."

I shook my head in disbelief. That would never happen. No way. Impossible.

 Cam was on my side. He asked, "What if they catch us? Your plan isn't exactly fool proof. Nor is it reassuring."

Aaron tightened his grasp on the steering wheel. "Believe me. We'll be fine."

And I did. Because every time he said that he was right. Why would we get caught now? When we made it so far? How could we get caught? 

The car was silent and I made no attempt to change that and break my oath. I would find out what they were hiding whether they liked it or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my gosh guys. While I was writing this, the best idea hit me for the ending. I was going to do something no one would suspect (i'm sure) but then something hit me. I created double suspense on the spot >) Just you wait guys. This is going to have the best ending ever. Muhaahhahahaha :)