Another Secret???? (Chapter 9)

I'm really excited about this story now and its doing better in the Watty Awards and is getting views :) So I want to upload as a thanks to everyon reading :) I'm glad you've all stuck with me! Please, if you're reading this type a =) in the comment space but don't make it obvious :D

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie POV

 I awoke to a pitch black room from my nightmare. I sat up immediately, soaked in my sweat and breathing in deeply.

It's okay, everything's okay. There's nothing you could do about that. Deep breaths.

 In the midst of me hyperventalating I failed to recognize that another person was in the bed with me. I heard Aaron's groggy voice, "Hello? Katie, you okay?"

I tried to hold back tears. "I-I'm fine. G-go back to sleep." He was so sweet earlier today, apologizing for everything. Except this time his apology was more serious, and unlike when he apologized quickly before at the other hotel in Chicago. Then he was just saying a quick sorry, like any other guy, and I'd failed to notice it because it was the first time he was semi- kind.  I was so naive.

Now it was too late. I was in way too deep and it was impossible to dig myself out of this hole. I knew that this was a possibilty, but I never imagined it would actually occur. I knew I had feelings for him but I'd held them back. He wanted my family's money and wouldn't tell me why. Half the time he was an inconsiderant, thoughtless, selfish jerk. But yesterday was different. He proved he cared about me.

And that was all I needed. Theere was no denying anything anymore. I was in love with him. I was in love with my kidnapper. I loved Aaron.

I burst into tears. How could I think about love when....when... I can't even think about it. Its too painful. Why did it have to happen to him? What did he ever do? He was so sweet and caring and loving! He didn't deserve any of this! I loved him! It wasn't fair.

My sobs echoed throughout the room.

I felt Aaron sit up next to me and I didn't even bother scolding him for sleeping with me. He only tried to comfort me. I must have fallen asleep in the midst of crying.

"What's wrong Katie?" He cooed in his soothing voice, "Why are you crying?"

I burst into more histarical tears. Why did he have to do this? Why all of a sudden did he have to be amiable? He was only making it harder for me in the future. My father would never let us be together. I didn't even know if he wanted to be a couple. This whole kidnapping thing was't helping at all.

He lifted me up with ease and set me in his lap.

"Are-aren't I heavy?"

He snorted. "Yes."

Despite the fact that I was crying, I smiled and slapped his arm.

He used his forefinger to brush away a stray tear. "There's the smile I know and love."

Silence.

Wait! Did he love me?

 My heart thumped rapidly in my chest as I waiited for a confession. He didn't seem to notice what he said.

Either that or he was throwing words around.

He wrapped his arms around me and I tucked my head into his chest and whispered, "I love you."

I wish he heard me, but of course the response I recieved was, "What did you say?"

I shook my head slightly with a faint smile and managed a, "Nothing."

There was a pause and I felt him set me back down, get out of the bed, and reappear with the lights on and a glass of water.

He handed me the glass. "Drink," he ordered.

 My hand shook slightly as I reached for it and he moved his hand closer so it was easier for me. My hand met his for a moment and I felt a spark. I blushed and looked up at him, only to fid him staring at me intently.

My cheeks managed to heat up even more if that was possible.

He sat next to me again and lifted me into his lap. I scowled and he shot me a question look.

I muttered, "I hate that you lift me up like a sack of potatoes."

He chuckled.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He inquired.

I nodded my head yes.

".....Do you want to tell me about it?"

I shook my head no.

He sighed.

"I can help you, you know."

I shook my head. "You can't. No one can. Its too late."

"Its too late for what? I can help!"

I shook my head, solemn.  "You won't understand."

"Maybe if you tell me, I will."  He sounded desperate. I resisted the urge to look at him. I would give in.

"It won't matter."

"How do you know?" He pestered on.

"I just do."

"No you don't."

"Look, " I said frusterated, "You can't help."

"Why not?" He cried out.

"It's too late! That's why! Do you understand?" I replaced my tears with anger.

I did something I knew I would regret. I peere into his eyes and was shocked. His eyes were red and puffy. He'd been crying. He'd cried over me. While I was sleeping.

Aaron. The tough Aaron.

His voice was filled with sadness. "Why....why won't you tell me? I won't judge you."

I was going to regret this.

My voice grew hard. "You really want to know?"

He nodded his head, prodding me to go on.

"You sure about that?"

"I'm positive," he answered.

I shook my head slightly and sighed.

"Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooooo?????WHAT"S HER SECRET???? I was going to tell it it this chapter, but I felt the need for suspense and gave ya'll a cliffie >) I'm evil that way :) SO.....GUESS? What is she hiding. And if you can, please vote for this chapter if not the others. If I get 10 votes, I'll update tommorrow :D

VERY IMPORTANT:

Should I keep the Title I have now or do you like this one better,

b) Hey Mr Kidnapper, I think I love you

Option a) I Love With my Kidnapper

Option b) Hey Mr. Kidnapper,  I think I love you [that's the importat news but i have a QUICK story if your interested]

Story: I was about to hit publish on this chapter when suddenly the screen went away and the chapter (I didn't save whe i was done) deleted. So I had to rewrite it from the middle. I was FURIOUS. But about ten minutes in I got an idea and I checked all of my browsers. Turns out I clicked internet explorer unconciously. SO I wasted 10 minutes of my life XD There's my story :)