7

aleks woke with a start, his head pounding as he nuzzled closer to james, biting his lip hard when he felt more of his 'leg' on the bed. He sat up slowly and peeled back the covers, picking up the pieces of wood before walking out, his leg creaking with the pressure.

I need to fix this. Aleks sighed and looked down at his leg as he walked into the kitchen, rubbing the back of his head before sitting on the kitchen table, flinching heavily at the sound of the wood of his legs thudding against the glass, I need to make my leg better before I lose it fully.

The Russian looked around more with a soft sigh, looking at the faucet and watching as small beads of water drip from it, licking his lips before grabbing a glass and filling It with water.

Im made of wood... he mumbled softly, maybe water would help..?

The pale man sighed before downing the glass in one, his headache leaving immediately but his charred body not healing like he thought it would; he sighed and set the glass down before walking over to the living room and looking through the wall sized window, putting a hand on it before going outside.

Might as well get some fresh air... he sighed and sat in the grass silently, crossing his legs and closing his eyes, his hands on his knees.

~

James woke up alone but wasn't surprised, he just sighed and rolled over, ignoring the splinters of wood under the covers as he opened his eyes and touched aleksandr's pillow, sighing again at the slight warmth and his new, earthy smell that lingered.

He needs to learn that everyone's finding this hard, the latino muttered softly to himself, closing his eyes and sighing gently before getting up and pulling on a robe, rubbing his face with a soft groan, his hand making a soft chink sound against his face.

Bullshit. He thought sourly, everything is so god damned bullshit. He walked downstairs with a heavy frown, noticing the empty cup and walking over to inspect it before grimacing, stepping in something wet.

"what the fuck..." he lifted his foot up and furrowed his brows at the, now crumbled, pile of moss, presumably in the shape of a foot before james stepped on it.

The tanned male studied it close before following the trail of them to the garden, seeing aleks sat in the back yard, his arms and legs wrapped with grass connected to the ground.

What..? james opened the door and walked out slowly, tilting his head gently.

hi... aleks whispered softly, shocking james.

"h-how did you know I was here..?"

~

To be honest, aleks didn't know. It was like the plants were talking to him, telling him where everything was, it scared him immensely but he just rolled with it, cupping his hands in his lap.

"I heard it from the plants, believe it or not." Aleks replied truthfully, his eyes closed as he felt a tingling on every piece of charred wood that represented his body, his lips curled slightly.

"to be honest," james started as he sat next to his boyfriend, "with everything that's been happening recently, I wouldn't put it past us."

Aleksandr opened his eyes gently and looked at james with a soft smile, nodding gently, "yeah, it's weird but im getting used to it... some things are hard but I'll get over it one way or another."

James nodded proudly, bringing a blush and a bashful smile to aleksandr's marred face, before leaning over and stroking one of the grass covered arms.

"What is this..? I mean, I know its grass but..." james brushed his hand over it again before leaning back.

Aleks looked down at his body and shrugged, "I dunno, but it feels nice." He unlinked his hands and moved his arms away from the grass, watching as the small, green plants retracted into the ground before looking along his arms, lighter pieces of wood replacing the charred and splintered wood that used to be his arms.

"holy shit..." james breathed out, brushing the grass from aleks' legs before smiling wide at the fully healed leg, "holy shit!"

Aleks stood up rapidly, walking and finding that his leg didn't make that ungodly creaking sound, he then began to run around the backyard, his eyes wide with a large smile before he tackled james into a tight hug, wrapping his arms and legs around him.

"im okay! Its gone!" he cried happily, burying his face in james' neck.

James hugged him back with a gentle smile, sighing happily with a soft I love you so so much, aleks...

Aleks kissed the tan skin with a soft I love you too... before getting down and taking james' hands, smiling wide and giddily up at the elder, swinging their arms gently.

"can we watch a movie..?" he asked sweetly, grinning up at james.

James cooed and picked aleks up, wrapping the younger's legs around his waist and holding him by his thighs, "of course, cutie."

Aleks squeaked slightly before cuddling closer with a blush and a wide smile, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck as they walked in together.

~

James held aleks close on his lap as he watched the silent movie, reading the subtitles as they passed before looking down at aleks and smiling gently at his sleeping face, caressing his cheek and cooing before kissing his head and bringing him closer.

He's okay now... hes okay... the latino muttered to himself, laying down and spooning the Russian, kissing his neck gently.

Aleks stirred gently and opened his eyes slowly, letting out a mewl-like sound before rubbing his eyes gently, "mhm... james..?"

James smiled and kissed the younger's neck, rubbing his hip smoothly, "im here, don't worry."

Aleks nodded with a soft smile, cuddling back into the larger male with a gentle sigh before taking his and kissing it gently, mumbling a small how are you..?

James shrugged and brought the smaller male closer, kissing under his jaw with a gentle im good, just relaxing.

Aleks blushed hard and smiled gently, nodding slowly before turning to james with a gentle smile, pecking his lips softly.

"weird..." james said softly, moving them both so that aleksandr was straddling him, holding both of his hands gently, "you still feel the same, you just look different."

Aleks tilted his head gently, raising a brow, "what do you mean?" he kissed james' knuckles gently after, running his fingers along the crack in his hand.

James hummed lightly, "when I kiss you your lips are still soft, you're still warm and stuff, just a little lighter and... well.... Wooden."

Aleks nodded gently and ran a hand through his hair, sighing gently before taking james' hand, the one with the crack in, "yeah... it's weird. But if youre made of glass then it's kinda the same. You have the crack in your hand but you still feel soft and warm, not like glass at all..."

James took his hand and looked at it, frowning heavily at the crack in slight fear, "I don't really like it, but im just gonna have to deal with it until... whatever this is, goes."

-----
Word count: 1211

I'm actually happy for the first time this December??? What is this I feel so happy I've discovered new shit about myself