11

aleksandr found that losing his powers would be a tough task, the fear of puppets not so bad while his fear of manipulation was crippling, constantly looming over his shoulder like a ghost. He never wanted to hurt his friends, family or partners.

Especially james.

Sometimes the power gave him a slight advantage in fights or casual bickering; the normal go fuck yourself being taken literally, aleks usually stopped the elder before he could do anything, though.

Aleks lost his fear of puppets on one of his 'down days', as james liked to call them.

Aleksandr often had days where he would rather cease to exist than leave his bed, staying under the covers for hours on end as his mind spouted insult after insult, usually leaving the Russian in tears.

"Aleks?" james cooed gently, stepping in with his hands behind his back, kneeling down next to the bed and sighing pitifully at the shaking ball under the thick covers.

The younger poked his red eyes out slightly, gulping and sniffling with a weak yeah..?

James kissed the younger's head softly and slid one of his hands under the covers, then poking his hand up in front of the russian's face, his hand covered by a soft, cuddly dolphin puppet, "Bottle wants to help you feel better."

Aleks blushed gently and watched the puppet, his marred, wooden skin slowly going back to how it used to be as he reached a shaky hand out and touched the tip of the dolphin's nose, sniffling gently.

James smiled wide and gentle as he watched his boyfriend's skin change, pushing the dolphin closer and bumping his nose gently, "Bottle's gonna give you lots of cuddles with Jamie, do you want that? We can just stay in bed."

Aleks nodded with a weak please, Jamie... before holding his arms out and making childish, grabbing hands.

James smiled gently and kicked his shoes off before shuffling onto the bed and sliding under aleksandr, holding him close and rubbing along his side with a gentle my poor, beautiful baby...

The younger nuzzled into the larger male, shaking and sniffling as slow and steady tears now soaked the collar and chest of the shirt under him, whimpering and mewling as he leant into the soft touches on his body.

James smiled softly and kissed the younger's head, then bumping the nose of the dolphin against it, "bottle and Jamie love you very much, you know?"

Aleks blushed and smiled with a weak giggle and a small I love Jamie and Bottle too...

~

The manipulation was harder to get rid of, each of the guys tried to think of something for aleks but he just wouldn't agree, the idea too farfetched or just plain stupid.

"why don't we just let him control us?" kevin suggested, Aleksandr fast asleep in james' office.

James hummed and leant back in his chair, sighing softly to himself, "it might work, but he has to agree."

Kevin nodded and sat back in his chair with a defeated sigh until aleks appeared from around the corner of the door, biting his lip gently.

"i-I'll try it..." his voice was soft and sleepy as he rubbed his eyes gently, "i-if it makes the powers go then I'll try it..."

James cooed softly and brought the younger close, cradling him against his chest, knowing that he was still under the weather from his down day, before kissing his temple with a gentle how come you're not resting, baby? Is bottle not enough company for you?

Aleks nuzzled closer and just stayed silent, closing his eyes and burying himself in james' warm embrace.

Kevin cooed softly and sighed, looking down and fiddling with his fingers as he pondered on the thought of what would happen after all of this ended.

Jordan rubbed the youngest's back gently, then taking his hat off and setting it on the table with a gentle hum, "why don't we all go home and see how this goes in the morning, yeah? Lets just sleep on it."

James nodded with a seemingly thankful smile as he stood up, holding the younger male close, "thank you, hordan." He kissed the russian's head with a soft and loving we're going home now, baby. Just hold on and we can cuddle in bed with bottle and all the food you want. Before walking out, a hint of a smile twitching at aleksandr's lips.

-----
Word count: 739

I am v v tired of life and everything in general