10

Seamus' powers took a little longer to go, however.

He wouldn't stop jumping when Chef spoke, when the birds outside spoke, when any animal made a sound he would hit the roof in fear.

But one day, one fateful day, a small animal changed that.

Seamus was sat on the porch, nursing a cup of coffee as he looked out around the area, ignoring everything apart from any possible calls from his partner.

h-help...

seamus snapped his head up and looked around, his brows furrowed, "hello? Is someone there?"

h-help me... please...

the blonde set down the mug and looked around, walking along his lawn until he came across a small, mangled kitten.

s-sir please.... The kitten mewed pathetically, writhing in pain on the grass.

"o-oh my god..." seamus knelt down next to the kitten, fear still flowing through him, "y-you poor th-thing..."

The kitten continued to wriggle, panting and wheezing softly.

Seamus slowly extended out a hand, frowning heavily before picking the cat up gently, cradling it in his own warm hands until he noticed how cold it was, still scared as he walked inside slowly, "lets get you warmed up and fed..."

~

The blond watched the kitten fearfully as it ate, tilting his head gently.

Th-thank you, s-sir... she mewed, curling up on the fluffy towel afterwards, breathing evenly and licking her paws, being careful of the small bandages; curtesy of Sly.

"n-no worries..." seamus stuttered, wringing his hands under the table as the kitten locked her big round eyes on him.

Why're you scared, sir? The kitten mewled softly, getting up slowly and limping over, settling in front of the blonde on the table.

"i-I, uh... im not scared..."

The cat raised a brow with a low purr, do you seriously think you can outsmart me? A cat's instincts are the strongest you will ever know.

Seamus scoffed, relaxing a little, "youre only a tiny kitten, you don't know much."

She scoffed and mewled again, pawing the human's sweater clad arm as she stretched, I know more than you think, blondie.

Seamus scoffed again, rubbing his face, "why do all animals call me 'blondie'? it's degrading."

Because, the cat purred casually, you humans deserve to be thrown off of your thrones every once in a while.

~

This cat is gonna kill me, seamus concluded as he watched eddie sleep, stroking his cheek softly, this cat is gonna claw my throat out with her tiny fucking paws.

Seamus kissed his partner's head softly and brought him closer, cuddling him into his pale chest as the bedroom door opened a crack, a small mew sounding from the floor.

s-sir..? the kitten mewled, shuffling in slowly, can I sleep in here? It's cold out there and the big dog's scaring me...

the blonde cooed softly before nodding hesitantly, "of course, kitten. I-if you wanna..."

the kitten purred and jumped up, walking over sly before curling up on the side of seamus' head, purring contentedly.

Thank you, sir...

~

Seamus was sat on the single seat in their living room as he watched Eddie fawn over the kitten, petting and cooing with a loving smile.

"moosey? Why don't you come and pet the kitty? She wont bite, shes too cute and fluffy." Sly looked up from the cat for the first time today, tilting his head as he watched his boyfriend.

Seamus shrugged softly, "I don't really wanna..."

Oh please, moosey! Come play! The kitten mewed happily, bounding over and jumping onto the seat, nuzzling under the blonde's hand.

Seamus flinched before beginning to pet her hesitantly, soon loosening up as he listened to her purr and mewl.

"aw! She likes you!" sly shuffled over and kissed the blonde's cheek before petting along the kitten's back.

"y-yeah..." seamus smiled slightly and continued to pet the kitten, scratching between her ears softly.

~

Seamus soon began to warm up to the young feline, joining in with his boyfriend's play times with the kitten and watching her grow up slowly.

Moosey? She asked softly, jumping onto the human's desk and causing him to jump gently.

"yes, kitty?"

Why're you still scared of me..? she mewed, slowly stepping forwards and settling a paw on seamus' wrist, what did I do to you to make you scared..?

The blonde felt his heart crack as he crooned softly, picking the kitten up with gentle hands, "im not scared of you, kitty. Im just not very good around some animals..."

Oh... she mewled, looking up at seamus with wide and innocent eyes, would naming me help..? foxy said that he was waiting for you to name me since you saved me...

Seamus hummed and shrugged gently, rubbing between her ears before nodding, "okay, I'll name you."

The kitten let out a happy mew before leaping around the table as she waited, rubbing up against the monitor and scenting it with a purr.

"meowgi." He smiled softly, feeling an invisible weight disappear from his chest.

But he heard no reply from meowgi as she mewed, both of them looking at each other with wide eyes before the blonde realised what happened.

My powers are gone.

-----
Word count: 868

Lol I'm dead inside :)