Chapter 8

Forgive the shortness of this chapter! I am just getting back onto my feet with writing and such. If you could, comment, and vote. Oh, and check out ' Don't Let me Go' if you're into the Hobbit. 

Also... is anyone listening to the Hamilton soundtrack on repeat? 

A constant beeping alerts you that you are alive, and breathing.

How?

"Pietro, no!" You scream, and race to the street, trying desperately to build a barricade of rubble and rocks. You close your eyes, and take a deep breath, working yourself to death.

"Y/N..." You hear someone whisper as you feel blood trickle from your nose, and you fall to the ground. Pietro was on the ground, bleeding from his bullet wounds, and Clint was curled up with the child, shaking as he looked from Pietro to you. 'I failed them.' You thought before letting sleep take over your body.

Did anyone survive? Was the mission a success?

Your heart beats faster like a drum in your chest as your mind asks questions that cannot seem to form into words. The beeping noise grows louder, and there's shouting. What is going on? Wake up, damnit, wake up!

Your (E/C) eyes flutter open, and you squint for a moment, tensing at the bright light of the room. It takes a few minutes for your eyes to adjust, but once they do, you look around. The room was empty, despite the cot, and medical items in the room.

Where is everyone?

Your head begins to pound, and you shift slightly in bed. A heart monitor sits beside the bed, and you're attached to multiple IV's.

"I... just be careful, Y/N. We can't afford to lose you. Not now." He pulls you close and places a gentle kiss to your brow.

Did that happen? Everything was a blur as memories raced inside your head. A door opens, and you look up with hope.

"(Y/N), you're awake." Tony smiles as he enters the room holding a clipboard with a number of papers on them. You mouth words, a string of them, hoping to form some sort of noise, to speak.

"No talking yet. Last I checked, you had a bullet tear through throat, and into the back of your mouth... sorry, kiddo." He explains with a sigh. You slumped into the bed, and looked around. Your body language spoke to him, and he sat down.

"Pietro and Clint survived, thankfully... but we couldn't find Banner." Tony announces, looking down. He lost his best friend. Tony Stark. The man who has all the fortune, technology and friends in the world, lost his best friend. Your heart aches for him, but he looks up, forcing a smile.

"You should be released by the end of the week if your recovery is steady." Tony states, setting the clipboard down.

"Runner-boy should be in here soon to see you. He's not in bad shape." Tony explains, and you smile weakly. Suddenly, there's a breeze, and Pietro is at your side, squeezing your hand and looking into your eyes. Tony nods, standing there awkwardly before leaving the room.

"(Y/N), why vould you do zomething so stupid?!" Pietro scolds you, and you look down for a moment. He sighs, and kisses your cheek.

"I thought I lost you." He whispers so only you could hear him. You look up to him, blushing. His hair was a silver mess, and his eyes held concern. You desperately wish you could speak, and tell him how you feel about him.

but you can't.

but it's worth it, right?

He's alive, and sitting right in front of you.

You bite your bottom lip, and twiddle your thumbs together. Pietro talks about the Avengers, and new missions he will be joining. Eventually, after the silence kills Pietro, he hands you a notebook and pen. You pass notes with Pietro and scribble on the pages. At mealtimes, he helps you eat, and speaks for you when the fellow Avengers visit with balloons and gifts. At night, he sings softly in Russian, and holds you as you slowly fall into a deep sleep.   

So yeah, thats the chapter. Share your thoughts, and vote! Thank you guys so much for the support! <3 I love you all so much!