Chapter 3

5 Months later....

I can't believe it has been 5 months already. A lot of things happened in these past 5 months. Kim has a boyfriend called Brad. He's the captain of the football team. I was so happy for her. Milton actually has a girlfriend! Her name's Julie. They're so perfect for each other. They're both nerdy and cute. Jerry also has a girlfriend called Mika. She's actually the niece of Phil! He said she was ugly. I think she's gorgeous! Lindsay was right. She became Jack's girlfriend. I was heartbroken but I decided to hide it. I've fallin' for Jack through these months. Only Joan and Kim knows.

If you don't know whose Joan. She's a mall security guard. Even though she can be crazy sometimes, she's a great friend to be around with. 

Lucky for me, no one knew my secret of being a mermaid. Hopefully, no one will EVER find out. I have to keep my kingdom safe. I've heard couple news from my ministers but nothing too important. I heard rumors that my Mom was still alive. That's impossible. My aunt said they died in a car crash. I didn't actually saw it happen. I was just told. 

Let me just tell you whats happening now. We're now taking Jack's dog to the vet because he wasn't moving alot. I wanted to help but I decided to do at the hospital.  All of us were taking him. Unfortunately, Lindsay wanted to come. She said she wanted to 'help'. Psh. Like she knows something.

Jack, Kim, Lindsay and I were in the room. Jerry, Milton and Eddie were out eating something in the cafeteria. Meh. Who knows what they're doing. 

The doctor couldn't tell us anything because he wasn't sure what was wrong.

"Awh! You'll be alrighty! if your alright, Jack and I can go out soon!" Lindsay said in a sick, sweet voice. Kim rolled her eyes and I mentally chuckled. The dog who I heard was Marty growled at Lindsay.

"Good boy! Don't bite me!" She sqeauled and clung to Jack for dear life. Me and Kim chuckled at her. Lindsay rolled her eyes and sat on one of the chairs in the room. I went over to Marty. As I was walking towards him, he looked at me in confusion and started sniffing me. When I was in front of me, he started barking happily at me. I smiled at him and started to rubbing behind his ears. He started hanging his tounge out and wagging his tail. 

"How did you do that?" Jack asked, clearly his voice in shock.

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't open up to people that easily." I shrugged at him and continued rubbing his ears. I looked over Kim and saw her face. She was trying to send me a message through mind. "You have the power to talk to animals! Ask him whats up." I nodded at her and she nodded back. 

"Jack could you back up?" I asked him. He shurgged and went to sit on one of the chairs beside the bed Marty was sitting on. At the corner of my eyes, I saw Lindsay rolling her eyes and looking at her phone. 

I looked at the dog and tried to communicate with him. 

"Hi. I'm Gabriella. Why aren't you feeling well?" I asked him through my mind.

"Hey doll. First thing, that bitch is taking Jack away from me. He has been spending more time with her more than me! Second, I AM NOT A FUCKING BOY!! I'M A FRICKIN' GIRL!!" She or he said. 

HOLD IT! Marty's a girl? How? 

"I don't know doll. Jack didn't check my 'thing' to see if I'm a girl or boy. I guess he wanted a boy so I just played along. But now I can't hide it anymore. I'M A FUCKING GIRL!!" She screamed at me. That hurt my head. I rubbed my forehead to get rid of the pain. I backed away from the bed. 

"You okay Gab?" Jack and Kim asked me in unison. Woah. Creepy much. "I'm fine." I told them. I walked back to Marty and tried to repeat the process. 

"Sorry doll. I'll always lose my cool." she said with her head down in shame. "It's fine. I'll tell him everything, okay?" I told him using my vocal cords. "I know what's wrong with Marty." I exclaimed. Jack looked at me with curiosity. 

I looked at Lindsay and her face was expressed: Jealousy. I mentally smiled in victory at that. i turned back to Jack. 

"So Jack. I don't know how to tell you this but. Your dog isn't a HE. It's a SHE." I told him. His eyes were wide and his jaw dropped. I looked at Marty and she nodded her head frantically. "How? Wha- Bu-" He started stuttering. "Let me continue. But can I tell you in private?" I asked him. He nodded and we went to a corner. "She also felt lonely because you always hang out with Lindsay. Dogs have feelings too, Jack." I said, crossing my arms. He looks to the ground and to me. He nodded and walked to Marty. "Hey girl. I know you've been hiding something but now I know. Don't worry. I will change your name and everything. You'll be okay." He said comfortly, rubbing his ears. Marty nodded and licked his hand. I chuckled at her pat his head.

"Finally! If he's ok, can we go to our date Jacky?" Lindsay asked with gross puppy eyes. I rolled my own eyes and continued patting Marty's head. I heard Jack sighed and walking towards Marty. "I would love to. But I can't." Jack said. I turned around and saw Lindsay gasped and jaw dropped.

"What the heck Jacky?! You're choosing that mutt over me?!" She started screaming and dramatic crying. I rolled my eyes and continued watching the show. Lindsay looked at me and walked to towards me. "I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! YOUR TRYING TO BREAK JACK AND ME APART!! WELL, NOTHING WILL EVER BREAK US APART!!" She screamed at me. I backed up a bit and Marty started growling at her. Lindsay flinched a bit but still kept her glaze on me. "Your a useless piece of shit. NO ONE LIKES YOU! Get THAT in you're HEAD! Your nothing to anyone. Your just a burden to everyone. Just go kill you self. Do it for EVERYONE." She finished, smirking at me. 

Tears started forming in my eyes. Those words burn through my heart like fire. Everything in me shattered. Suddenly, anger started boiling inside me. I had mixed emotions. I don't know what to feel. I started walking to the other side of the Marty's bed and sat down. Tears spilled in my eyes. Marty jumped off the bed and start whimpering. I looked up and saw Marty looking at me with her ears down. She walked around in a circle and laid down close to me. I smiled at her and rubbed her ears. "Your a good girl, Marty. We should probably change your name!" I said, happily. I just ignored everything else around me and concentrated on Marty. I tried communicating with her again. 

"Hey, doll. Just ignore the bitch. Don't let her get to you." She said in my mind. I nodded at her. "I kinda wanted my name to be Izzy." 

"Sure! I'll call you Izzy from now on!" I chirped and rubbing her ears. I stood up and everyone looking at me. I gave them my 'What' face. I picked Izzy up and put her on the bed. She went to sleep immediately. I saw Kim walking towards me and hugging me. "Don't let her get to you Gab. You're stronger than that. I know that." She whispered in my ears. I smiled at her and said. "I'm lucky to have a best friend like you." I said, hugging her back.  Jack started looking at me with a sad smile. He hugged me unexpectedly. I hugged him back and I saw Lindsay with wide eyes and walking angrily to us and trying to break both of us apart. "No JACKY! YOUR MINE! FOREVER." She whined. Jack rolled his eyes and said. "I thought we already had broken up." He chuckled. I could see steam coming out of Lindsay's ears. "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!! YOUR CHOOSING OVER A DOG AND THAT BITCH!!" I crossed my arms. "That is my dog. And THIS." He said, gesturing to me. "Is my best friend." My heart ached when he said I was only his best friend. Well, it's better than nothing. I smiled at him. Jack smiled back and faced Lindsay. "Leave before I call the security." Jack said sternly. Lindsay hesitated at first but left after a couple of minutes.

I looked at Izzy and saw a big smile on her face. "Jack, I've changed her name to Izzy. Is it fine?' I asked him. He smiled and nodded. 

After everything that happened in the vet, we all went to Falafel Phil's and ate.

BEST DAY EVER !!