Chapter 7

Kira's POV

" What do you mean by 'fun'?" I asked. "Well if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it, tooties roll?" "Stop calling me that! what is your problem are you obsessed with sweets or something?" I asked annoyed. "Now that's not nice to go around and put sweets down like that. Maybe I should just kill you now" said the stranger. "Well if I'm gonna die can I at least get your name so I know who to give credit to for my death?" I said sarcastically trying to buy more time so I can get away.  " Well, you won't live long enough to tell anyone so.....The name's Laughing Jack or LJ for short." " Laughing Jack? So your like a clown right?" "I guess you could call me that." "So how did you become like this? you know all creepy-like?" I asked. "Why should I tell you. You wouldn't care. no one does." LJ whispered the last part thinking I couldn't hear. "Honestly I do care. Trust me, if you knew all the crap I've been though you learn to care about other people." I said trying to comfort LJ.  " You know what your pretty nice for a mortal, most of my victims I kill instantly but your different I like it. So what's your name kiddo?" LJ asked. "The name's Kira." "Nice to meet you Kira. Say how bout you and me go and play some of those carnival games." "Sure I got nothing better to do." "Let's go!" Said LJ excitedly.

Laughing Jack POV

Kira's a sweet kid. She's a great listener, kind, funny and has the cutest laugh. I don't know why be I think I'm falling for her. "LJ,hey LJ. You hu anyone home?" "W-what." "You were staring off into space for awhile I thought you were go." "He he, sorry about that just thinking." I said scratching the back of my neck. "Bout what?" "Nothing important." "Oh, OK. Hey do you know what time it is?" "It's 7:46 a.m. Why?" "Crap! My Aunt probably worried sick sorry LJ I have to go." "Hey Kira, do you think you could come back some time so we could talk?" I asked nervously. "Of course LJ. I would love to come back!" "OK, well goodbye Kira." "See ya later, LJ."