Chapter 9

Kira's POV

"I can't believe it! that man. No, that monster is my dad and you never told me!!!!!!" "Kira. sweetie I made a promise long ago I would never put you in any type of danger." My Aunt said trying to reassure me.  "Aunt Dee you haven't put me in any danger but I just can't believe you lied to me. All these years and all the things you said about my parents being in a car accident. It was all a lie." I answered on the verge of tears. "Kira, I never meant to hurt you I just wanted to keep you safe." "So to keep me safe you lied to me for 16 years and tell me my parents are dead just to keep me SAFE!!!!!!" I screamed. "Kira, please, I'm very sorry.Please forgive me." cried my Aunt.

"Aunt Dee, please don't cry." I said wiping the tears from her cheeks. "I forgive you." "Oh Kira, you are so much like your mother." She said. "Aunt Dee?" "Yes,Kira?" "W-what really happen to my mother?" I asked. "It's a long story......But I think your old enough to know now." My Aunt said with a shaky breath.

Flashback

16 years ago

I was going out for a walk on a crisp evening. "What a beautiful night." When in the distance I saw someone. "Is that Jewel?" "Dee!" "Jewel! What are you doing out here so late? Where's Jeff?" I asked. From the look in her eyes she was terrified of something. "Jewel, what's wrong?" "Dee, I need you to promise me that you will protect her and keep her from HIM." She pleaded. "Jewel what are you talking about? Protect who? Who's HIM?" "Please promise me." "I promise." I said. and with that she handed me a small bundle and whispered to it. "I love you Kira. Bye baby girl." And she left. I carried that bundle home and I opened it to find a baby. "This it what my sister wanted me to protect. She's so tiny. Kira. I promise I'll protect you."

Flashback ended

" Your mother just left and I never saw her again." My Aunt said remorsefully. "So my mother did that to protect me from HIM. Who's HIM?" "I don't know. After your mother's death I never seen or spoke to your father in years. Think he knows who HE is?" "Well then, maybe I should go and find my dad and ask him?" I said thinking. "Kira, your father is a very....unstable man he could hurt you." said my Aunt worried. " It's ok, Aunt Dee I think I can handle myself." "Ok, Kira. I've always knew you were a strong girl. Please be careful." "I will. I'll come to visit as much as I can. I love you Aunt Dee." "I love you too Kira." With that I headed out the door with my switchblade in pocket and determination. What can go wrong.

???POV

"It seems that the girl is beginning to discover her abilities. HE will be very pleased to hear about this. Let's just hope they don't find her first.