Chapter 18

Kira P.O.V

"Mom? Is that really you?"

"Yes sweetie ."

"But how?"

"It's quiet simple. I wanted to tell you something very important." Said my mom.

"What did you want to tell me?"

"Whatever you do don't trust your father."

"What? Why?"

"He's not a good man Kira. He's a killer and should not be trusted."

"Why? I thought you trusted him?"

"I did before he did this." My mother pulled up her shirt and revealed a stab wound in her chest.

"How? Why would he do that?!?"

"Because that is who he is. I wanted to protect you from him so I gave you to your Aunt Dee. After that I ran away into the forest at this exact lake. Your father was livid. He thought I was going to leave him for someone else so he took his knife and stabbed me in my heart." She answered.

"He never told me that." I said. How could he do that to my mom? I thought he loved her? We both knew he was lying. No. He would never do that. Would he? What's stopping him from killing you? He killed your mother why would he care about you? Ugh, shut up you stupid voice!!! Fine, but just remember HE would never hurt you like your father.

"Kira?"

"Yes mom."

"Please, for my sake don't trust your father. Can you promise me that you won't trust him?"

"I..."

"Kira. Where are you?" Yelled my dad.

"I have to go."

"Kira remember, if you ever need me come back here. Ok?"

"Yes mom."

"Good girl. I love you so very much." Said my mom as she kissed my forehead.

"I love you too mom and I miss you."

"I know but I'm always with you."

As soon as she said that she disappeared into the nothingness.

"Kira are you ok? You look like you seen a ghost." Asked my dad worried.

"I'm ok."

"You sure?"

"Yeah"

"Ok. Well let's go and get that ice cream then." Said my dad eagerly.

" I'm not really in the mood right now can we just go back to the mansion?"

"Umm...sure. Are you sure your ok?"

"Yeah." I said as I began to walk back. My mind swarming with all these questions. Did my dad actually kill my mom? Was my dad really going to kill me? Why did I ever come in the first place.

Jeff P.O.V

As soon as Kira asked to go back I knew something was wrong. She was so happy to get ice cream and now she's upset. What happen? As I was going to leave something shiny appeared out of the corner of my eye. I went to pick it up and realized it was a dark iridescent powder.

"How did this get here?"

On closer inspection I saw a hint of ash.

"Hmm... there is only a few people I know who can vanish without a trace and they are all on Zalgo's side. This can't be good."

I better tell slender about this and if my guess is correct then we have to be extra careful. I just hope Kira is ok.

Unknown P.O.V

Excellent. Now that the girl has doubts it will be much easier to manipulate her. Hopefully these idiots won't be able to find us so quickly. Lord Zalgo will be very pleased.

( hey thank you all for your words of encouragement and for you all liking this book. Here's another chapter for you all. Please let me know how you like it and I'll try and keep up with it. Also before I forget I got the idea from a fellow reader I'm sorry I don't remember your name but it was so good. I hope you enjoy creepsters)