[5] Welcome to SHIELD

For a moment Lily had thought they were going to be crushed by the jet above them because there was no entrance. But as they were about two hundred meters below, a gap was formed above them; by doors spreading apart creating an opening. They quickly ascended upwards and they were soon inside of the large jet. Lily looked around the small metal room as Grant walked over to the door in front of them and peered out into the hall. He then quickly walked back towards Lily with a straight, all business expression. He took something from his pocket and swung his arm around to her left shoulder. Then she heard a small click and felt a sharp pinch.

       Lily became very dizzy and the room started to spin, Grant grabbed her as she stumbled and fell. Her eyes had begun to blur and an ear splitting ringing started in her head. But his voice cut through all the noise "Up here you don't know me, it's for the better" he said in a harsh whisper then she saw two other people had walked in. They didn't look like people, more like blobs of colour that could move, then all she saw was pitch black.

      When she came to, her surroundings were fuzzy, her eyes were unfocused and her head was pounding. She opened her eyes and the room she was in was bright, so she had to squint until her eyes adjusted. She sat up and looked around the room she was in and a blazing pain shot up her arm where she had been injected. Lily then felt a sting and touched her cheek that had been bloody before and found that it was stitched up. She sat up on the bed as she searched the room. It was all white and the walls had a weird square texture. The bed she sat on was all white like the room, and was very uncomfortable, it also had a round white table in the centre. Those were the only two pieces of furniture within the confined area.

      Lily then got off of her bed and wandered the room as much as she could, seeing as it was quite small. She looked down as she stepped onto the floor and a chill raced up her legs. And then she noticed that she had no shoes and she was wearing a white gown, like those that they wear at the hospital except a nicer style and it was all white. Lily felt violated knowing that she wasn't the one who put the gown on, so obviously someone else did. While she was busy concerning herself about who put on the gown a loud booming voice came from behind her. Lily jumped around and saw a small speaker, the only thing in the room that wasn't white. "Are you awake?" said the voice trying to be soft even though the speaker was blaring. "Yes" Lily answered instinctually without thinking.

      The voice was that of Jemma Simmons "Oh I'm glad you are awake. I was planning for the anesthetic to have a longer affect...but this is perfect timing" she said in a strong British accent. Lily looked strangely at the speaker "Anesthetic? I was knocked out, on purpose?" she said just remembering that Grant had injected her with a needle. She thought about this and a sour expression spread across her face, "Ms. Tassner? Are you alright?" Jemma asked concerned. Lily stared at the speaker, "How do you know my last name did--" she stopped and remembered about what Grant had warned her. Lily didn't even think about it; she was so unsure of what to do next her mind was just a jumble of emotions and distrust. For the first in twenty years she exploded. She just clenched her fists and the room shook around her, the table and bed lifted off the ground.

Jemma spoke to Lily in a calming voice unfazed by the crashing noises since she could clearly see what was going on from the surveillance monitor beside her, "I get that you're scared, these powers are new to you and you've just entered a new phase in your life. Being angry is understandable." Jemma said sweetly through the speaker, "I'm glad to meet you Lily, my name is Jemma Simmons." Lily paused before answering, troubled by something Jemma had said, she dropped the furniture and it clattered on the ground. Behind the speaker Jemma a huge smile had creeped on to Jemma's face, amazed by Lily's control of her new powers. "You said that my powers were new? But I've had them as long as I can remember." Lily responded to the part of Jemma's sweet talk that had bothered her. Jemma sat star stuck by her new finding and rushed away from the speaker, leaving Lily in silence.

Lily then quickly realized that Jemma had left. She now didn't have the one person she might actually be able to trust, because Grant definitely wasn't that person. In a panic Lily hopped onto her crooked bed, walked up to the speaker, and banged on the wall underneath it, suddenly desperate for Jemma to come back. She hated the silence. "Please come back! I need to know what you people want with me! I'll answer any questions! I'll answer all of them! Don't leave me in this jail cell!" she pleaded in hysterical anger.

A couple minutes passed by as Lily pounded on the wall, until she gave up and realized how desperate and crazy she sounded. She decided to sit on her bed with her back against the wall. She played with her fingers and waited for Mrs. Simmons to return to her microphone and break the silence.

Her subtle entertainment was interrupted by a loud creaking sound as a door appeared on the opposite end of the room. She was surprised to see a woman enter. She was quite pretty, thin and tall, with brownish gold ombré coloured hair that appeared to be natural. She wore a white lab coat on top of a blue knitted sweater with a dress shirt underneath it and a pair of beige pixie pants. Lily stood from her place on her bed and realized that it must Jemma, and how much taller Lily was was compared her. "How are you feeling?" Jemma asked in a tone used by age old friends. "Like I'm in a sanitarium" Lily responded grumpily. Jemma then curtly passed Lily a stack of cloths that consisted of a black t-shirt and thick grey leggings.

      As Lily accepted the stack of clothes from Jemma she asked curiously, "Where are my clothes? Who changed me?" Jemma chuckled slightly placing comforting hand on Lily's wrist. "It was me, I thought you would prefer something clean" she responded. Jemma then smiled kindly and walked out of the room and left the door open for Lily. Before she exited she turned around and said one last thing. "Although I have a million questions, our commanding officer would love to ask you some of his own. Please get dressed quickly," she said with a smile. Lily quickly changed, trying not to show off any undergarments, just in case there were any cameras on her, which there were. She looked good in the outfit Jemma had given her, it was fitted, which showed off her lovely hourglass figure.

Lily walked to the open door and looked back at the wretched white room. She walked out of the room and Simmons was right outside the door and Lily nearly had a heart attack. Simmons giggled a little bit, but then motioned for Lily to follow her. As they walked down the maze of hallways Lily looked around her trying to familiarize herself with the halls, but even though each turn was new, the halls were also identical to the ones previous. Simmons soon stopped at a large wooden door, an anomaly so far seeing as all the other doors that she had seen were metal. Lily waited for Simmons to enter but she just looked back at her, so Lily reached for the door knob but the door opened for her. She was met with a familiar yet unpleasant face. Grant.

Lily lashed out and rushed in, catching him by surprise and, shoved him against the wall, pushing him by his chest. Overpowering him didn't last long since he was much stronger than her. Once he knew what was happening he had pushed her off, she stumbled back and nearly fell but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her upright. She slapped his hand away and gave him a satanic glare. A very fit Asian who was shorter than Lily walked right up to her and pushed her back. "Watch it, being an enhanced doesn't mean I won't shoot you here and now" she said abruptly with a scowl and tapped her hand on her holster, which was attached to her waist. Lily was quick to back off, but she found it odd that the woman was so defensive. "May, I would like to talk to her before you threaten to shoot her" said a humorous voice coming from Lily's right.

A man in his early fifties walked in, he had brown hair and bluish green eyes. You know him as Phil Coulson. "Welcome to SHIELD" he said with a hint of sarcasm.