[19] Uncovering the Truth

Hey guys, in This chapter a lot is going to happen, because I really want to speed things up, so you guys can finally read the end. PS this is going to be close to the last chapter! Books almost over. Thanks to everyone who has read it!! Love you guys, you're all amazing!!

Grant and Lily walked down the hall towards the box, but Lily stopped Grant before they walked in the door. "Sorry about that whole thing back at the warehouse" she said referring to when she cried. Grant looked at her and smiled then grabbed her hand, "Don't apologize, I was fine with it" he smiled and squeezed her hand. Lily looked into his brown eyes, over the entire time she had known him she had thought he was an amazing person, until he tried kill his brother. But now she was realizing that the old Grant she knew was still there...and that the Grant standing in front of her was very good looking. She smiled at him but turned away from Grant and towards the box, opened it and walked in.

Grant stood there with the door open, staring at Lily as she walked past him and into the box. He followed her, his mind focused solely on her, that he almost forgot that they were walking into an interrogation. When Grant walked in, Lily sat at the table where the enhanced woman was. "Hello, I'm Lily Tassner and this is Agent Ward. What's your name?" Lily said kindly, trying to coax her into talking. But the woman didn't react so kindly, she tried to reach across the table and grab Lily. However, Lily was to quick and she used her powers to slide back the woman's chair until her wrists pulled against her cuffs. The woman looked up at Lily, her eyes wide. "Did they do it to you too?" she said, her voice quivering. Lily glanced back at Grant then at the woman and nodded, trying to play along. "Do you have scars?" she said pulling up her sleeves to show countless injection sites, that had turned into round bruised scars.

       Lily then shook her head, since she was unable to produce any proof. "What else did they do to you?" Lily asked touching the woman's hand lightly. The woman sighed, "They took my son and many of the others children as well" she said as a tear fell from her face. "What is your name?" Grant asked, with a rather kind tone. Lily looked back at him and smiled. "Ashley, Ashley Shaw. Can you help me? Us?" she said looking up at Grant with pleading eyes. Grant nodded his head and stepped closer to Lily, "We'll help you get your son back, but we need to know everything you know." That's all it took for Ashely to become a treasure trove of information. She started telling them how WASP had already created five enhanced people, including herself and Atkins and how they were successfully enhancing children. Ahsley also began telling them how WASP was beginning to engineer a syrum to immediately create enhanced individuals and not have a long process of injecting chemicals to enhance their specimens. By the time Ashley had stopped talking, two hours had gone by and they knew what WASP was planning next.

       Once they had finished their interrogation, Grant and Lily rushed towards the rest of the team. When they got to Command the rest of the team was bustling around the table reviewing Ashley's interrogation to write info down and Skye was at the centre trying to get some hard evidence that they could use to find the home base of WASP. "That was amazing Lily" Simmons said with a smile and Fitz nodded in agreement. Coulson then came up to the two of them, "I'm glad I was right about WASP planning something else, but actually being able to find something out is going to take a while, Skye is just at the beginning of even finding where they get their WiFi from. This isn't going to be as short as we think" Coulson informs them as Lily peers over his shoulder and sees Skye typing away, utterly focused. 

{Five hours Later}

       "Get some rest everyone, we'll come back tomorrow and hit it hard and Skye that means you too" Coulson calls from the hall as he sees everyone nearly falling asleep over the files scattered on top of the tables, floors and chairs. Everyone slowly shuffles to their rooms, except for Lily and Grant who just sit there staring at the files, "This is going to take forever! How come all of this was going so quickly before and now it's like we're walking through drying cement!" Lily says, fully exasperated. Grant gets up from his seat on the floor and sits next to her on the couch. "This is what SHIELD is, action and then research, there is never just action, because if their was, there would be no bad guys ever getting put away. We could never make things stick" Grant said brushing a piece of hair from her face. Lily turned to Grant with a sad smile, "What if we don't get them either way, if there is some bigger force at play here?" she asks seriously. Grant rolls his eyes, "What like the Universe not wanting us to catch them?" Lily nodded at him, "What if finding WASP leads us to uncover something horrible, or because of it something horrible happens?" she says staring Grant in the eyes.