[11] Sparks

Grant wasn't surprised when Coulson made Lily stay behind. It was for her safety, and it had still been her first day. Despite her being an ultimate rookie, she was fitting in nicely with the team dynamic, he had never played such and intense game a poker before, well he had also never lost to anyone else before, except her. Coulson, May, Skye and Fitz were suiting up, inserting night night pistols into their holsters, and putting on Kevlar vests. However, Skye wasn't allowed to carry a gun since she still said 'bang' whenever she pulled the trigger she still wasn't making very much progress but she could be trusted out in the field.

May and Grant were ready before anyone else, so they stood next to the hatch waiting for the others. "You think it's a good idea to go without our enhanced?" Grant said distancing himself form Lily, May glared at him, "Don't ever call her that" she said sharply. Grant nodded at her and kept his mouth shut until the other three walked over ready for action. May slammed her fist against a red button which made the hatch of the plane begin to open. The team then turned back and walked towards the large black SUV, May got into the driver seat and Coulson jumped in on the passenger side. Skye was forced into the middle, while Ward and Fitz sat on either side of her.

        May then began backing up the SUV until there was a large bump and the sound of tires on a dirt road. May drove the car at a fast pace knowing that the sooner they caught the enhanced, the safer off people would be, she knew this from experience. They quickly arrived in the small town where the strange explosions were occurring, it was obvious that there had been severe damage. In the distance, beyond several houses there was a building that was still smouldering from the recently extinguished flames. May drove slowly along the dirt roads and watched as people eyed the shiny SUV suspiciously and enviously. The car swerved around the sharp corners with ease, until they came upon the last explosion, a warehouse which was the main place of work for those living in the community.

       Once the car was parked the others hopped out and strolled over to the front of the warehouse. Fitz immediately bent down close to the entrance and began scanning the ground with a gadget that he pulled out from his backpack. Coulson and May walked over to some men that were walking towards the warehouse, the owners of the warehouse were what Ward assumed. Grant stood in the doorway and peered in but still watched his surroundings. Skye came up next to him and peered over his shoulder. "You find anything" she asked starting up conversation. Ward looked back over his shoulder and glanced at her oddly, "Nothing so far, why are suddenly interested" he asked turning away from the warehouse door and facing Skye. She stared at him with an unsure expression plastered on her face. "No reason" she responded, making it quite obvious that she was trying to get at something. Grant shook his head and knew Skye well enough to know that she was curious, and always wanted more information.

       "You want to know about Lily don't you" he said to her raising an eyebrow, she responded with a fake laugh trying to disguise her fib, "Uh no" she stammered scratching the back of her neck. Grant didn't have time to answer Skye because May and Coulson walked back over. They had proud looks on their faces. "The Brit is an enhanced, he's the cause of the fires, we got an exact description matching Atkins," May said with a serious but content expression. "We have motive and a location as well, he was recently in a fire at another warehouse owned by the same company, and miraculously survived. Atkins also lives on the outskirts of town we can reach him in five minutes tops" Coulson began as Fitz stood from his spot near the warehouse entrance. Fitz walked over to the group and showed them his findings, skin cells that Atkins had left behind, which had an unbelievable DNA makeup. Fitz then touched the inside of his left ear and spoke into his com-link informing Jemma of the discovery.

        Coulson then rallied the troops back into the SUV, May hopped back into the driver's seat and sped off farther away from town. They were driving down a long dirt road and as they traveled farther down it there became less and less houses. Finally there was now a house every so often and May finally stopped the car at a small shack like house. Everyone quickly got out, except for Fitz and Skye, who were ordered to stay in the car by a forceful Ward. May and Ward hustled up to the door, while Coulson went around to the back of the house to watch the other entrance. 'Bang, bang, bang' Ward knocked hard on the door and shouted, "Mr. Atkins it's SHIELD, open up." A blast off flames flung open the door blowing May and Ward off the steps and hitting hard onto the dirt ground and Coulson agilely jumped away from the flames that shot through the back door.