[16] Enhancement

Lily and Skye stood by Lola and glanced at each other smiling, "I never thanked you for saving me back in Chile, I own you one now" Skye said with a smirk. Lily beamed back at her, but before she could respond Fitz and Simmons came bounding down the stairs cheerfully. Skye and Lily turned towards them and smirked amusingly. Fitz was slightly panting while he spoke, "We were speaking to Coulson about you Lily and then Simmons and I had a wonderful idea. So we told Coulson about it and he said we could!" Lily paused before she answered and gave Fitz a sideways glance, "Do what?"  Simmons chuckled, "We're going to make you a super suit!" Simmons exclaimed with wide excited eyes.

Lily was slightly confused by the idea of a super-suit, but Fitz and Simmons quickly whisked her off into the lab and began explaining what they were about to create. They also mentioned another person with powers, Mike Peterson. The two scientists scurried around the lab, Fitz tinkered with regulators for the suit and Simmons tried to create an accurate monitoring device for Lily, since her DNA was slightly different from theirs. All the while Lily sat at a chair and watched Grant train Skye. She watched as he fixed her stance and gave her advice about how to react in combat situations. Lily was surprised by how far Grant had come, from the boy who wouldn't hurt a fly, to an experienced agent. But even though Coulson had described Grant differently than Lily remembered she still knew that Grant was the same, she knew he was.

Lily had been so focused on Grant that she didn't even notice Simmons take several blood samples. She also didn't notice when Fitz and Simmons were half way finished the basic suit design. Jemma came up behind Lily and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned her gaze away from Grant and Skye and looked over at Simmons. She brought Lily over to Fitz where there was a basic layout of the suit, it was very cool looking. It was a full body suit that was bullet proof and looked very tight, but Simmons assured her that it would be quite comfortable. Fitz then began to go on about the scientific aspects of the suit, but Lily wasn't quite up for a science lesson, so she bid the two farewell as they started to argue over the placement of the regulators. She laughed and thought that they would make an adorable couple if they weren't so oblivious.

As Lily exited the lab she glanced back at Skye and Grant who were still training hard, as she looked back she caught Grant smile at her slightly and she grinned back as she walked up the stairs. She also saw Skye's fist connect with Grant's jaw and Skye cheer in triumph.

       Lily walked up the stairs and walked into Command where Coulson was standing facing her, as if he expected her. "A super suit Coulson, really?" Lily asked with a laugh, "They begged me and it sounded pretty cool" Coulson responded. Lily nodded then turned to the screen in front of them and saw a logo for W.A.S.P. Coulson glanced at her and swiped the table, causing hundreds of files to pop up and overwhelm the screen. "Weaponry Advancement for Scientific Progression or simply W.A.S.P." Coulson informed. Lily gave him a confused look "I thought you were going to get Fitzsimmons to find out about W.A.S.P.?" Coulson nodded then simply said, "super suit."

The two chuckled but began to sift through the W.A.S.P. files. Practically all of them were about literal weaponry advancement, but some others were just financials or power points to sell a new weapon idea to the government to get additional funding. There was nothing that indicated W.A.S.P. as being some crazy group of mad scientists giving mentally unstable people mind blowing powers. Lily and Coulson went through every piece of information and found nothing! If Atkins found out about W.A.S.P. so easily, then how come they couldn't find a shred of evidence about human enhancement? But then they stumbled upon a lead that would have gone unnoticed if they hadn't known what they were looking for. It was a money transfer log that had several unknown transfers to a warehouse in Beijing. The two didn't think that was where W.A.S.P. was running their enhancement program, but they were getting close.

However, the real juicy info was a file that had hardly anything to do with W.A.S.P. but was one of the hardest files to find and a bonus was that it was in code. Coulson and Lily stared at each other before they began to read through it. The file was all about using enhanced animals to become better meat producers, but W.A.S.P. wasn't in the business of modifying animals. It seemed irrelevant except for something one of the scientists wrote, 'the subjects were superior and could fulfill our plan for enhanced superiority' that was something Atkins had said when Lily had questioned him. This was the file that would lead them to W.A.S.P., the real W.A.S.P.

       Skye and Ward came into the room just as Lily and Coulson had decoded the file. Skye walked over to Lily as Ward stood in the hallway. "What'd you two find?" she asked as she wiped some sweat from her brow. Coulson looked back at Skye and smiled "A location" Coulson answered vaguely but mischievously. Coulson then spoke into his com link, "May we're heading to Texas."

Hey Guys I appreciate you reading my story up to this point, my story only has about 5 chapters left, I hope you've enjoyed it!