[18] Born Enhanced

Through the window were three rows of white cradles, each holding a baby inside. The two quickly found the door and Lily entered while Skye kept watch for the rest of the team. Lily walked past the rows and glanced at each baby. They were healthy and even a little chubby, she did notice injection sights on all of the infant's arms. She glanced at Skye who stood behind the glass. Skye was nearly in tears, that's when Lily noticed that a rogue tear had run down her cheek. She wiped it away and looked down at the baby in front of her. He was wrapped in a blue blanket and had a label on the head board of his cradle. Lily leaned down closer to the baby and he smiled, his blue eyes sparkling. He reached out in front of him and touched the railings of his cradle, they began to turn to ice. Lily jumped back stunned by the infant.

Skye tapped on the glass causing Lily to look away from the infant. There were the others gathered around the window, flabbergasted by the rows of babies. Simmons and Grant were the first to enter. Jemma quickly hurried over to the closest cradle and picked up the baby, examining it carefully. Grant walked over to her, his eyes locked on her. "Are you alright?" he asked grabbing her wrist in concern. She nodded and then for some reason began to cry. Grant pulled her into a reassuring embrace stroking her shoulder as she weeped. They stood there until Lily had calmed herself. She looked up and wiped her eyes and looked at Grant who watched her with concern.

Coulson then motioned from the window for the two to come out. As they exited the room Jemma embraced Lily before she left and saw small tears welling up in Jemma's eyes. "This is horrifying Coulson" Skye said angrily and May nodded in agreement. Lily noticed that there were other SHIELD agents herding out the captive scientists, "Fitz, what did you and Ward find in the server room?" May asked as Lily and Ward joined the group. "We actually find nothing sir, there were no records on the server, but there were some hard copy files there and I nabbed a few that looked important" Fitz said triumphantly. Coulson nodded and then looked back towards the babies "This is all too convenient and perfect. Everything was right here for us to find, absolutely everything that we needed to close this case, I don't like it."

The team nodded then looked to Jemma as a baby she held produced a large shock and a flash that sent the team rushing to Jemma. She had nearly dropped the child as the shock rushed up her arm, but stayed planted.

Fitz was the first to aid Jemma, he grabbed her as her stance began to falter. Skye grabbed the baby and cautiously placed her back into the cradle. Jemma was a little shaken by the literal shock to her system, but Fitz was there to comfort her. "There is something definitely wrong with these infants, I think, I think, some how they've been enhanced...these people are monsters" Jemma said as other SHIELD agents shuffled into the room and kicked Coulson and his team out.

       "Sir how did SHIELD get here so quickly?" Ward asked as they walked out into the hall. "After our ice queen encounter, May put out a message that we needed back up, we weren't sure what we were about to face and it's good she did" Coulson began to explain. Then, the powered women walked in with two agents at her side. She still looked woozy.

      "What's she doing here?" Simmons asked grabbing Fitz's hand for support. "Why we're going to interrogate Mrs. Elsa" Coulson said with a smirk.

       The team hastily made their way back to the jet, with the enhanced woman, along with one of the babies.

Once they got back to the Bus, Grant and May were the first to begin questioning the enhanced. "So what's your name?" May asked harshly. The woman looked up, her expression blank. "Elsa" she said with a laugh. Grant rolled his eyes and sat down I front of her. "Oh really? Well 'Elsa' how did you get involved with WASP?" he asked. The woman looked up and as she looked at him it was as if she had forgotten everything she had just said. "Wait why am I here? Where's my son? Where's the doctors?" she said looking around frantically.

      May and Grant stared at the woman and then quickly excited the box to regroup with the team.

      "What the hell is up with her?" Skye asked glancing at the screen. Coulson looked at Skye and shrugged. Then all of a sudden Jemma walked in with a clip board in her hands, her eyes filled with a mix of excitement and fear. "What is it Simmons?" May asked as Fitz appeared behind her. "I um, we took an MRI of the infant's brain and we found something quite frightening. The child has extreme brain damage" Jemma said placing the clip board on the table in front of her. She then pulled up an image and placed it on the screen. "See this area here. This is what controls memory and decision making is over here" she said pointing to the two areas of the brain. "Both of these two areas are severely damaged, by some sort of chemical" Fitz said as he walked over to Jemma. "Yes very good Fitz. Well we're not sure what the chemical is but we have a feeling that it has something to do with the injection sights on the infants arms". Coulson looked at Jemma and then glanced at each member of the team. "Simmons have you discovered how these babies have powers?" he asked urgently. Simmons nodded and then referred back to her clip board, "Yes it is from some sort of chemical injection, it's almost like a super soldier serum, but it creates powers. I've also found that the children only seem to have three different powers: controlling electricity, fire and ice."

Lily looked at Simmons, "Wait so these babies have been given powers and its damaging parts of their brains, WASP is some multi-tasker" she said angrily. Then Coulson chimed in, "I get this is all bad, very bad, but it's all too perfect. We had all the information, most of the research and we got their Guinea pigs too. I feel like there's much more to this. Grant take Lily to talk with the woman again maybe this time she'll talk, Skye find me some info from the hard drives we snatched, Fitz, Simmons take a blood sample from the kid then bring him back to the SHIELD agents on the ground and May I want wheels up in five" the team nodded and got to work.