The Massacre Princess (Chapter VI, Family)

~Chapter 6~

The young princess thought of her whole family: her father, Emperor Charles, her sister Cornelia, her half-siblings, and the maids that served her before. She felt herself smiling but tear-fallen. She wiped off the tiny droplets and closed her eyes. Inside the dream wonderland, she saw a flashback. It was clearly 10 years ago, and she saw her little self running after a white butterfly. Her mother sat beside her sister, Cornelia. They both giggled as they looked at Euphemia. While watching the flashback, she smiled as she saw her half-siblings, Nunnally and Lelouch with Marianne vi Britannia. The little girl in flowing, pink hair ran towards her auntie and kissed her soft cheeks.

“Good morning, Aunt Marianne!”, Euphemia greeted happily.

Marianne gave a very warm smile to greet back. At her side is her little children: the little brat Lelouch and the soft-spoken Nunnally. Euphemia, being excited to play with her playmates, grabbed their hands.

“Let’s play! Lelouch, Nunnally!”, she merrily invited. She ran around the garden while giggling and watching her mother and Marianne talk.

The three of them played the whole morning, ate together, and even went sleep together.

Euphy tried to scratch off the past, but she can’t. She felt like someone is calling her. She looked around, round and round.

“I feel dizzy”. She fell to her knees as she whispered those words. She stumbled down. Her mind got crumpled up and then, closed her eyes. “Am I going to die?”, she thought.

The next morning, the princess found herself lying down at the carpeted floor. She immediately stood up and to her relief; no one was awake yet, except for her. She opened the door and saw a few enveloped. She read the names on the envelopes one by one. At last! She saw her letter. Euphy jumped in joy and hurriedly opened the envelope. She read the letter from her father, sister, and half-siblings. She sobbed in joy and hugged her pillow tightly. Priscilla woke up and saw the princess bathing in tears of joy.

“Ah, your letters have arrived, Your Highness.”

Euphemia simply nodded. She felt that her whole family is in front of her and talking to her.

“It’s really nice to receive letters from your family. Especially when it’s full of sincere.”

They both smiled and giggled. Then, they proceeded downstairs for their breakfast.