The Massacre Princess (Chapter VIII, Sweet Revenge)

Chapter 8 – Sweet Revenge

After hearing the incident about his half-sister Euphemia, Lelouch decided to visit her at the academy.

“Father, I want to visit Euphy today. May I have your permission?”, he asked.

Charles smiled and nodded. “Of course, my child. Oh, please give her this”. Charles handed Lelouch a small, red box. “It’s her birthday on Saturday, right?”

“Ah, yes. I will give it to her right away.”

Lelouch dressed himself and went to the academy where Euphy is studying. He brought his gift to his half-sister. On his way, he thought of their childhood days. The three of them used to play at the Garden of Roses inside the palace. The young man smiled as he remembered when he played chess with his older half-brothers Odysseus and Schneizel. He always wins and enjoyed having a great time with them. A beam of memory appeared, and that memory contains his flashbacks with his first love. It was him and Euphemia, sitting in a bench. They were both chatting. He ran his little fingers to the girl’s hand and clasped it.

“L-Lelouch?” Euphemia blushed as she felt his hands holding hers. “Why are you—“

Lelouch gave Euphemia a sweet gift. A kiss. But why? They are half-siblings. The princess’ eyes widened. Fear? It was not. She immediately pushed him away and ran off. The young prince smirked.

“My first love”

The prince rested his head back on the comfy seat. He closed his eyes, and then chuckled. “I wonder if Euphy can still remember it.”

The car stopped in front of the academy. The guards opened the gate and welcomed the prince. Several students watched the car pass through, and wondered who it is.

“Who’s that?”

“Hm, I don’t know. Maybe a visitor?”

“It’s kind of weird. Why is it so guarded?”

“VIP I think…”

Murmurings filled the air. Euphemia glanced at their room’s window. She stared at the car. Studying it carefully, she gasped and pulled back.

“It’s…it’s him!”

Priscilla got shocked at the lady’s reaction. “E-Euphy?”

Euphemia hurriedly ran to the lobby without even having her shoes on. The crowd of ladies was shocked to see her barefooted while running. They stood back and gave her way. Finally, the car arrived in front of the gates, and the driver opened the door’s car for his prince. Lelouch vi Britannia stood before the doors of the dormitory. The doors opened, and his eyes went wide to see Euphemia.

“L-Lelouch…,” she said while panting, looking at him with an unusual expression.

The prince laughed, looking down at his half-sister. “Why are you barefooted? Where are your shoes?”

She did not notice that she ran barefooted. She was very excited to see this person. A warm hug welcomed Lelouch and he hugged back. The students watched them. They all smiled to see how the princess welcomed her half-brother. A banner suddenly showed up. “Welcome Prince Lelouch!” it says. A party is held at the lobby and he is very grateful for having a welcome party like that. But, something is missing. He then remembered that he has gifts for Euphy and soon looked for her. The princess is not in her room, nor at the lobby. He kept looking around until he reached the garden. The lady in pink hair and white dress is seated at the bench, like what happened before when they were little.

“You look so beautiful, Euphy”

She turned around at him, her face illuminated by the moon. There she is; wearing a white dress with riffles and ribbons, her hair styled in a very exquisite way, her lips painted with scarlet lipstick, and her face powdered with the finest make-up and foundation. Their eyes met, and she blushed deeply.

“W-What is it?”

“Hm….I was searching for you inside. Why don’t you join the party?”

“You barely know I’m not onto joining parties or things like that”

“Aha, you haven’t changed. Still the same old princess I have known”

“Are you insulting me?”

Lelouch paused. He stared at her then laughed. “Insulting you? I am not. I’m just saying the truth, my dear sister”

The lady looked away, ignoring what he said. “Never mind…”

“You look so beautiful in that white dress. Who suggested you that?

“I….I picked this one”

“Ah, as expected.” Lelouch turned away and looked at the fair sky. “How wonderful. This is a very great night. Euphy, do you still remem—“

His words were cut off by the princess. Another kiss, but this time, it is the girl who kissed the boy. A perfect scene it can be, with the two being illuminated by the moonlight. Euphemia is about to pull back when he grabbed her arm, pulled her closer, and kissed her more.

“E-Enough”, she said as she pulled back.

Lelouch broke their kiss and touched her hand. “You still remember it, don’t you?”

The lady simply nodded and smiled, remembering what happened in the past. “Of course, that was my kiss.”

Our first kiss.”

Euphemia blushed madly. First kiss? What does he mean?, she said to herself.

“I know what you’re thinking, Euphy.” He held her hand and looked at her.

She gulped in nervous and looked down, trying to ignore his eyes. “W-What?”

The prince grinned. “Advanced happy birthday, my first love.” He kissed her cheek gently and knelt down, offering her a dance.

Euphemia took his hand and stood up. They began dancing under the beauty of the moon and fragrance of the roses and flowers.