The Massacre Princess (Chapter IX, Farewell to the Academy)

Chapter 9 – Farewell to the Academy

The prince went home along with his guards that night. Euphemia gave a happy goodbye to her half-brother and went straight to her room. She saw Priscilla sitting on a chair and writing something on a piece of paper. What is she writing?, she thought. She gave her roommate a big hug and kisses her cheeks.

“What are you doing there, Priscilla?”

“Eh? Oh you mean this? I’ll be sending letters to my family tomorrow. Do you want to send some too?”

The princess nodded immediately, remembering the stacks of letters that she forgot to send because of her busyness. She showed it to her and giggled.

“That’s a lot! Wait, why didn’t you give that stacks of letters to Prince Lelouch?”

“I forgot” and she smiled uneasily.

“Let’s go to the town tomorrow and send this letters! Besides I want to continue touring here around. I’m pretty sure you will enjoy the town place, Euphy”

After the long talk, they went to sleep but the princess remained awake. She thought deeply the things happened during the past days. She paid a visit at the library, had a horrible nightmare and most of all, and experienced taking a bath with her fellow schoolmates. Then, she closed her eyes slowly and fell asleep.

The morning came and all of the students did their daily routine – take a bath, prepare themselves, take a breakfast at the dormitory’s cafeteria, go straight to their respective classes and many more. Euphemia does the same too, and she herself doesn’t like any exemptions when it comes to her, no matter how many times her teachers try to exempt her in a lot of things like sports. She wants to socialize freely with the people around her and because of that, she went to the last stage of her life – the graduation day.

“Where’s your lipstick?” Priscilla asked while putting mascara on her best friend’s eye lashes.

“Ah, I think I’ve put it right there”. She pointed at the cabinet and Priscilla took the bright pink lipstick.

“There! You’re done now!”

“Thanks Priscilla. I still cannot believe that we are going to graduate today. The time flew so fast”. Euphemia combed her best friend’s jet black hair and patted her sleeves.

“Yes, and then tomorrow, we will go back to our homes, with our family congratulating us with their kisses and hugs. I will miss a lot of things here!”

The princess nodded and then they both giggled. They hugged each other but reserved the tight hugs for the ending ceremony of their graduation. After several hours of preparing, they went to their lines and to the hall where the ceremony will take place.

“I, Henry Caldrich, would like to congratulate all of you my dear students. It is a blessing to have all of you who studied very hard to achieve your goal of graduating. I’m very happy for all of the ladies who will graduate today” and with a smile, the principal sat down and clapped his hands.

The ceremony started and all of the students sang. After they sang, the teachers spoke to congratulate their students. The litany of the teachers lasted for two hours. Then, they marched to the stage to receive their diplomas and certificates. The ceremony ended with the closing remarks and all of the ladies cried in tears of joy. The two, Euphy and Priscilla, hugged each other like there is no tomorrow.

“I’m going to miss you a lot!”

“Yes, me too!”

The hall is filled with farewells and tears of happiness. The two exchanged gifts with each other while they sat at the benches of the Rose Garden.

“Wow, did you made this?” the princess asked.

“Yes, I did that during our Home Economics class. How’s it?”

“I can’t believe it! Thanks a lot Priscilla! You’re the best of all!”

“Wow, what is this one?”

“It’s a friendship bracelet with different kinds of beads, lucky gems, and precious stones. I’ve made that a few months ago”, and Euphy put the bracelet around her wrist as well as on Priscilla’s. They both smiled and thank each other.

“You can always call the palace whenever you want, Priscilla”

“Really? That’s good! At least we can still talk on the telephone”

Euphemia nodded and hugged her. “I’m going to miss you best friend”, and with a smile, she gently kissed the other girl’s cheek.

Priscilla’s face turned red as she smiled back.