The Massacre Princess (Chapter VII, Her Nightmare)

~Chapter 7 – Her Nightmare~

The day passed by like a breeze, and the princess decided to visit the library. She took her eyeglass, scarf, and a small piece of paper. Then, she walked to the library, greeted plenty of school girls and marched to the shelves. Euphy took 5 thick books and sat down, slowly scanning the books for her references. She put on her eyeglass and started to read a book.

“Look, it’s Princess Euphemia!”, a murmuring made Euphy’s ears to twitch. She glanced at them and smiled. This lady turned to an idol in this academy, and like all idols, she is being praised and treated well. Soon, the crowd thickened. They all watched the princess as she reads a book.

“Any problem, my dear school mates?”, she asked with a soft, humble smile.

The whole crowd giggled. They were all happy to see Princess Euphemia smiling at them. The librarian, Miss Prymm, arrived and gave the students a sharp glare. She fixed her eyeglass and stared like an angry feline.

“This is a place for reading and studying, not a place for all of your nonsense” Miss Prymm said.

The whole library went dead silent after the librarian talked. The lady with a long, golden brown hair is surely the terror in the academy. Luckily, she is not a teacher. Euphemia smiled with uneasiness and continued reading. After spending several hours inside the world of books, Euphy left and went back to the room. She saw Priscilla doing her homework and greeted her.

“Wow, you did the homework in advanced. Are you going to be busy, Priscilla?”. The princess drank a glass of cold water and slumped off on her bed.

“Where were you today, Euphy?” Priscilla asked.

“Um, I was at the library today. I read some books. I’m very amazed to see your library! It’s so big and has so many books in there. I want to read more books next time!” the princess replied happily.

Priscilla felt that Euphy is having fun inside the academy. She smiled as the princess smiles, with a trace of happiness marked on her gentle lips.

“Euphy, why don’t we go for a walk at the school grounds this afternoon? I’m pretty sure you will enjoy it! I want to show you our academy’s enormous treasure”. Priscilla winked at Euphemia as she nodded. Priscilla left Euphy for a while to change clothes. The princess laid her back on the soft bed, gently stroking her long, pink hair with braided puffs near the ears.

While closing her eyes, she felt the world drifting apart slowly. Euphemia have fallen asleep. Then, a flash of light appeared. I’m dreaming, she thought. There was something that shocked her when she opened her eyes. Blood. Cold breeze passed through her shoulder down to her spine. The princess shivered.

“W-Where am I?” she asked herself.

A silhouette appeared, bearing a small object – an orb. “Finally, you have arrived”

“M-Me?”

“Who do you think so? You’re really a slow-minded person. This is why I loathe you.”

“But, who are you? And where am I? What am I doing here?”

The response was a deep sigh. “You ask a lot, and that is why I loathe you too. Can you slow down?”

“I want to go back now! This is an order from the Third Princess of Britannia!” Euphy said with a raised voice.

“My my…sorry to say but you need to stay here with me”. Then, the silhouette moved forward, her skin slowly being illuminated by the light. She was a faceless woman.

Euphemia stumbled back, her eyes filled with fear and terror. A faceless woman? What does she need? And, how can she even talk without her mouth? Words kept running in her mind but nothing suited for an answer. “W-What do you need?”

“What do I need?” the woman chuckled, gently revealing her mouth. Her lips were soft and pink like a guimave. It is like she wore a plain mask to cover her face. After she revealed her face, the princess got more scared.

“I-It can’t be!” Euphemia yelled at the woman, having a face same as hers. The face was perfectly identical; except for the flowing black hair and a white dress with black roses and ribbons.

“Yes it can be. Do you even know who I am?”

“N-No”

The woman smirked. “I am you, Princess Euphemia li Britannia”

“But how?!”

 “I am your…”, then she chuckled. “….your black side.”

The princess trembled. “My..bad side?”

“Are you deaf? Yes, I am your bad side. I moved out of your body. I’m getting sick of hiding inside you, so I decided to separate from you. Now I at least know the feeling of having my own body!”

Euphemia just simply stared at her. She did not expect this. Her bad side had shown up.

“You know, I have a gift for you” said the princess’ ego.

She moved forward to her. Her ego suddenly touched her cheek.

“Here’s your gift. Enjoy.” Then, with just a snap of her finger, Euphemia’s ego vanished into thin air.

Wondering what happened, Euphy felt a thick liquid sliding down on her cheeks. She touched it and wiped, and to her surprise, it was blood. Thick and red. She screamed so loud.

“P-Princess Euphemia?”, Priscilla shook the princess. She is sweating and it seemed like she is having a nightmare. Priscilla hurriedly wakes her up. “Wake up, Princess! Princess Euphemia!!”

Silence.