Chapter 2: An Official Meeting

Here's the second chapter of the book! I have to say, I am clearly obsessed with the Phantom, and I know it's a little fast with their meeting already, but I LOVE WRITING THIS! I hope you love reading this as much as I adore writing it!

Enjoy :3

<><><><><><><><>

Up on the surface, Madame Giry and I were walking, well I was limping, past a group when Joseph Buquet started to gather a crowd.

"Yah!" He snapped, twirling a lasso. "YAH!" Girls screamed with delight and amusement as he chuckled darkly, baring his gross teeth. His eyes swept the small crowd.

"Like yellow parchment is his skin," he sang with a rough, untrained voice. I cringed at the horrid sound. "A great black hole serves as the nose that, never grew." He sneered while singing, scanning the crowd with an evil look. I scoffed on the inside. I doubt what lied behind his mask resembled anything that Buquet said. Anger also boiled inside of me. What right did he have blurting someone else's private business?! So what if the Phantom was disfigured? He was a kind man in all. "You must be always on your guard, or he will catch you with his magical...lasso!"

He jerked forward towards a girl and wrapped the lasso around her neck, pulling her close. She giggled and grinned. "Oh my..." She breathed, enjoying the show. I nearly threw up then and there. It angered me so much on the inside. I may have just encountered him once, but he's not at all like that! Before I could advance on the disgusting man and smack him upside the head, a figure left my side.

Madame Giry scoffed, stalking towards Buquet. She yanked the girl from the lasso and glared coldly at the gruff man. "Those who speak of what they know," she started singing, staring at him intensely. "Find too late that prudent silence is wise. Joseph Buquet hold your tongue-"

Her hand came up in a flash and swiftly slapped him across the face. I held back a gasp as everyone let theirs out. It was incredible to me, seeing him finally being stood up. That man was disgusting and terrible. A beast, he was. Just like Nikolai.

"Keep your hand at the level of your eyes!" She scolded, jerking her hand up once more. Everyone gasped again as I started to smile slightly. Madame Giry was definitely a role model for me. Such a strong, independent woman. I looked up to her bravery.

She walked back over to me and put an arm around my waist, mumbling to herself about what an atrocity Buquet was. I agreed silently, hobbling off with my adoptive mother. Well, she wasn't officially anyways. But she still felt like a mother. I loved her just as much.

(Erik)

My Angel of Music sang beautifully tonight. It had already ended nearly a half hour ago, and I was still hearing her beautiful tune in my head. After I introduced Christine to my lair and sang her my special piece Music of the Night, she fainted when I showed her the mannequin of her in her wedding dress. Now she was lying on my bed, sleeping peacefully, having yet to wake up.

I sat at my organ, composing music for my opera Don Juan Triumphant. The candles lit up the room in an inspiring way, leaving me to peacefully compose.

Though, my mind kept drifting off to earlier today. I noticed that the bed was unoccupied by the girl from before. Did she find a way to escape? Did I frighten her? It downed me a little by her lack of presence. But it wasn't unusual. Most people ran at the sight of me. I was, after all, the Phantom of the Opera.

The Opera Ghost.

But I saw a note on my organ. There was swirled cursive handwriting on it that was quite familiar. Antoinette Giry's. I opened the note curiously, wondering what she had to say.