Chapter 17: Point of No Return

Sorry for the wait, guys! It's been busy lately, and this past week I went on vacation. Camping. And there was literally NO SERVICE out in the woods. I couldn't type anything or upload crap! I was like, ugh, this is going to take years! But I got home and typed up a storm. Again, sorry it took so long .-.

Warning! This chapter will get heated. If you're too young for mature content, you can skip that part. It's not too bad, since it's appeared in previous chapters, but this is more descriptive at the end. Be-WARB! Hehehe, smut. Makes me laugh each time.

<><><><><><><><>

(Charlotte)

I've avoided all sight of my mother for the rest of the day. How couldn't she tell me? She omitted once again! But this... This was bigger. This wasn't some slight secret that could have kept an undesired effect from happening. No, it was a huge secret that changed everything. How I felt, how I interacted. Just, everything. How could I ever look at him after this?

My own brother.

Dare I say...he loved me.

It was so...vile to think about. I mean, he held attraction for me. His sister! But I doubt he knew about it, just as I did. Although, now that I think about it, I could see some resemblance. I see my mother's golden hair and her eyes through him. But what did that Ancel guy look like? Anything like Alexandre? Probably not. I didn't resemble half of my mother, but instead my father.

God, I wished he was here...

"Your tea, Madame."

I knew that voice. Grinning, I turned around on the bench and saw Nadir. We had become friends within the time I knew him, and he was a great guy. He really knew how to cheer up a mood. "Thank you, Monsieur," I replied and took the tea into my hands. Then, his one word finally hit me. "Wait, Madame? I'm not married."

He smirked at my perplexed expression. "Yet," he pointed out, stealing a side glance at Erik, who was hanging up his cloak after getting back from the surface. I blushed and bit my lip, giving the Persian a look. I didn't even think about marriage anytime soon. I never liked the thought of an arranged marriage, for I dreamed of love instead of acquaintance. But I was always afraid to marry, for it would've been arranged each time. I could never be bonded with someone I didn't love. Thankfully, Nikolai never decided to force me to marry him. When, or if, Erik proposes, it will certainly be a yes! I love him far too much.

"So," I looked up when Nadir began speaking again, "has Erik, you know, made a move yet?" I nearly choked on my tea. Oh, yes. He made a move alright.

Laughing after recovering from the hot fluid, I answered Nadir with a smile. "Yes, of course, Nadir." Setting the tea down so I would not drop it, I folded my hands in my lap. My face was hot with blush. "We can now openly love each other without, uh, embarrassment."

Nadir chuckled as Erik advanced our way. I turned to look at him, and he was utterly oblivious to our conversation. His eyes were so big and clueless, it was adorable. My heart warmed.

He stopped before us and blinked, confused. "What? Why are you both looking at me like that?" I couldn't help myself. I snorted and laughed, Nadir joining with me. Erik was confused like a puppy.