Imprisoned-Part II

I know, there's two parts to this chapter, but I realized I couldn't fit 16,000 words in one chapter without it being 100 pages long! xD I had so much planned for it, and then I ran close to my limit for each chapter, and I saw that I couldn't fit my plans for this one in that previous update.
But!
I have made a second part...

Which I hope you will enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><>

(Erik)

After placing her gift in the middle of the vanity in her room, I slipped into the new mirror that I had installed in her room just before. There had to be an easier way to get to her and watch over her than just the Prima Donna room and the shadows around her. Hiding would classify me as a stalker. Checking on her through the newly placed two-way mirror would be a benefit for her, and I would not be named a stalker. She would never come to harm's way then. I would be able to keep her safe.

Glancing over her room, I memorized every detail with a clear picture in my head. Her light blue walls made the dorm seem like a bright day-lit sky, something I haven't seen in a very long time. The cozy feeling that the scarce furniture gave off was pleasant, and I admired her plush rocking chair in the corner. It was covered with soft, silk-like fabric, its red shine drawing the eye. There was the tall, thin lamp for reading in the corner next to the chair. Or perhaps it was for writing. Actually, I hadn't discussed with her what her hobbies were. Maybe she could compose.

I hummed out loud at that. We would make a nice composing duo.

The sound of the front doors of the Opera House opening caught my ears as it rang throughout my tunnels. Who dared to enter when there was no rehearsals today? Flipping my cape behind me, I turned on my heel and followed the footsteps that entered my building.

Turning down various passageways to spy, I slipped from a hidden door in the wall and backed into the shadows. I was above the staircase in the ballroom when I saw two figures advancing my way. One female and one male. They laughed and held arms as their feet carried them to the bottom of the grand staircase and began up. Narrowing my eyes as they came closer, I could immediately tell one familiar person apart.

Charlotte.

Her golden dress shimmered and sparkled as she walked, giving her an angelic appeal and causing my eyes to soften. She was so beautiful. The more I thought about her lately, I found, the more I was attracted to her. Her thick, midnight spirals of hair cascaded down to her mid back and swayed gently with her graceful and bubbly movements. Her personality was the North Star trait, though. Jovial and timid were the qualities that showed when one would first meet her, but she was impartial and unyielding dominantly on the inside.

Keeping back into the dark shadows, I stared almost in a daze at her. She walked the steps with such grace. And when she reached the top, she brushed her hair over her shoulder with one fluid moment and made my heart flutter. Purity. Such purity in that woman. But my strangely innocent amorous, platonic gaze morphed into one of anger and jealousy when Charlotte leaned closer to the boy as they stood still at the top of the stairs. They locked eyes with one another and smiled.

"Charlotte Victoria Maupassant," he lolled, chuckling slightly and moving closer to her. I nearly growled aloud when their faces became too close. Nearly a foot apart! That was crossing the line! My attention was further captured as the foppish boy raised his hand and touched her nose, making her laugh. He touched her like she were a child! My mind suddenly clicked.