Letters to Snape on How to Save a Life 16

Please don't hate me for being gone so long!!!

I love you all!!!

I own nothing!

===============

Sasha,

You will be graduating in a few weeks, are you ready?

Severus

Severus,

No not really. There is just so much to do. I haven’t heard back from any of the places I’ve applied to. Not to mention in the eyes of Muggle law, I’m still a minor. And there for, I supposed to go back to the children’s home. You and I both know that is never going to happen.  So when the end of year comes I shall be jobless and homeless.

Sasha

What about your Friends Sasha? Won’t you see if you can stay with them on till you get on your feet.

Severus

Severus,

You know I couldn’t possibly do that. Ginny’s mother already has too many to take care of. I doubt that Harry’s  Aunt and uncle will welcome me with open arms. I couldn’t bear to be a burden like that…to any one.

Sasha

Sasha,

Talk to Dumbledore. There is plenty of room at Hogwarts. Help will always be given to those at Hogwarts who ask for it.

I meant Umbridge…

Severus

Oh Severus…with Umbridge here and him gone... I doubt it will happen. She and I do not share the same views on life. And I would never accept help from her.

Sasha

Damn you woman and your pride!

Severus

Sev,

Do not worry. If worse comes to worse I am perfectly capable of living under a bridge. Carl will eat the hands of those who wish to harm me.

Sasha

Professor, are you all right?

Sasha

Sasha, yes.

Why wouldn’t I be? And since when do you call me professor?

Snape

Well Professor, I was wanting to be respectful. And with the recent events at the Ministry, I was concerned about you.

Sasha

Sasha,

I was relieved to find out that you were not a part of the events that unfolded. You know… it’s hard for me to feel sorry for Sirus’ death. I’m not exactly glad he is gone. I’m not that heartless. But I do not miss him or morn him. I almost want to say “good riddance”… is that wrong?

Severus

No Severus, it’s not.

And if I had the chance, I would have been there.

Sasha

Sasha have you established your living arrangements yet?

Severus

Severus, No I haven’t. Nor a job.

Sasha

Sasha,

I have a proposition for you. I have a furnished apartment that I no longer use. It’s located in a Muggle area, three blocks from the Leaky Caldron. I use it sometimes to get away from the magic world. However I have not been there in the last year. And I don’t foresee my return in the future. Not with things the way they are. You may live there if you like, but I expect you to pay rent. However, until you find a job, there is no pressure to pay me until you find one. I strongly urge you to take my offer. I will not leave you under a bridge left to the psychotic devices of a deranged llama.

Severus

Oh Professor... You shoudn't have said that about Carl. He's very upset right now.

Sasha

Sasha he defecated on my Pillows!!!

Severus

He says he’ll only forgive you after Silence falls.

Sasha

Sasha, what does that mean “when Silence falls”?

Severus

Severus….I don’t remember.

Sasha

Sasha, Have you thought about my offer?

Severus

Yes I have Severus. And I accept.

Sasha