Letters to Snape on how to Save a Life 20

My Dearest Beloved Sasha,
Words can not express how deeply sorry I am for all the wrong I've done to you. But I did it to save you.

Because I love you.

I know it's hard to understand, but I had to protect you. If the Dark Lord only knew... I checked your backround.
You are of muggle born decent.
I put an enchantment on you so that the Ministry would over look you and hid your name from them. Haven't you wondered why they haven't hauled you in yet.

I know you are wondering why I'm telling you this now... honestly I don't know how much time I have left.

Potter is close to finishing the task Dumbledore set for him. The closer he gets, the sooner the Dark Lord will fall. And ultimately, I suspect, my own.
I don't think there is a good way I can explain about Dumbledore, not in a way you would understand. A piece of my soul died that night. The night I murdered my friend. Not including the price I had to pay for taking a life.
When I was with you... I felt whole. Like I could breath. As if I could take on whatever else came a long. I finally realized what I have been feeling for so long, that I loved you.
I watched you while you slept and I thought if only we could just run away and  then we could be happy.
I imagined our life to be filled with the laughter of  our children. We would have girls. They would have my dark hair and your curls. They'd know love, know us, never be scared or want for nothing.  I would give you everything. And I would die happily in your arms.

But then I thought about the actual life we would live if we both survived the fall of the Dark Lord. People would make a mockery of us. They would shun and torment.. all to just make us miserable all because I was the one who killed Dumbledore.  Well assuming if I'm not sent to Azkaban.

But all of that, would it be worth the risk. A chance for a good or bad life with you when you might die before any of it could happen.

I can't let Voldemort kill the woman I love.
Not again.
So I left you.
I left another piece of my soul.

Severus

Severus,

I've known for quite sometime, the truth of what happened with Dumbledore. He came to me in a dream a few months back. He told me everything. On how he was a sickly man that was dying. He said he didn't want people to see him sick and dying. And that You-know-who had oredered Draco to kill him. He said he asked and begged you for months, all while you refused him.

I never said anything because I thought it didn't matter what I thought because you didn't love me.

I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years with out knowing you.

Not loving you.

-Sasha

Oh Sasha, I loved you. I have loved you for a very longtime. It would be selfish of me to accept your love if it means putting you in danger.

You and you're quotes. Who did you quote this time? Sounds familure.
Severus

I want you to be a selfish man Severus.

It's from Pochantus.

Carl says he has a way for us to meet and that no one would know.

He says he is going to bring you a special gift.

Sasha