XXIV

She entered the stables and right upon so, everything dropped from  her hands and there was a gasp that escaped her lips

     She entered the stables and right upon so, everything dropped from her hands and there was a gasp that escaped her lips. She took some steps back but she stumbled into a pile of hay. Tears weld in her eyes and she covered her mouth, "Lancelot," she breathed as she was prepared to cry.

     Lancelot fell to his knees and smiled down at her with relief in his features, "Arturia, are you all right?"

     She cracked a smile and brought him close to herself after having wrapped her arms around his neck, "Oh my goodness, what are you doing all the way here?" She buried her face within the crook of his neck.

     "I can ask you the same," he mumbled into her hair, "The entire kingdom has been looking for you."

     She chuckled lightly and he helped her up, even as she still had her arms wrapped around him and hay stuck tangled in her clothes and hair. Her heart was pounding loudly and she knew that he could feel it, but she was so glad that she was seeing someone that was so very important to her and someone that she recognized. She pulled away for a little bit and as she saw his familiar violet eyes and his dark purple hair, then she brought him back into the tight hug but kissed him on the lips this time around because she was overwhelmed to see him; her once lover.

     Lancelot was stunned at first but seeing as how she did not remember anything, he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her back.

     Arturia had completely forgotten where she was until a cough had interrupted their kiss and she shot her head towards the origin of the sound.

     Diarmuid stood there rather quietly and still. He was clenching his jaw at the sight of his master with another man, let alone kissing him; he even had his hand in a fist as the jealousy washed over him. He bit his lower lip hard and tried to calm himself down, I am an idiot... Of course there can be nothing between us. He had completely forgotten about the fact that Arturia already had someone special before they met.

     "Oh, Diarmuid," she had a bright smile on her face and he could not bring himself to be mad at her when she looked so happy, "This is Lancelot," she beamed.

     Lancelot straightened his back and gave a smile as Diarmuid walked towards him, "Lancelot du Lac; trusted knight of Camelot." He extended his hand.

     Diarmuid eyed the other's hand skeptically and shook it, "Diarmuid Ua Duibhne, First Spear of the Fianna."

     There was a certain tension between the two knights as they shook hands, one that Arturia was oblivious to and even if they held smiles on their lips, they had other intentions behind them.

     "I have heard a lot about you," Diarmuid retorted upon feeling the need to start a conversation and let go of the purple-haired man's hand.

     "I cannot say the same for you," Lancelot chuckled to break the ice, "I hope all that Arturia has said about me has been good."

     Diarmuid crossed his arms and took a deep breath, "Milady would never speak ill of someone, as her lover you should know, Sir Lancelot." Sass was clearly evident in his tone of voice, but the man before him thought none of it—or so he let on.