XXXIV

Arturia was sitting down at the table with her arms crossed over her  chest across from Diarmuid and Thomas was sitting next to him

     Arturia was sitting down at the table with her arms crossed over her chest across from Diarmuid and Thomas was sitting next to him. Diarmuid rested his head on his hands and took a deep breath, "That was not what I meant. I never said that you were infidel..."

     "It sounded like that to me..." Thomas shrugged as he puffed his cheeks.

     "Thomas, you are not helping," Diarmuid groaned as Arturia huffed. "Look, I never said that, honestly."

     "But now that we are on the subject, why did you go to that brothel?" She lifted a brown eyebrow as she tilted her head.

     Diarmuid blinked and let out another sigh, "I went with pure intentions to find a job that I could support you with. I tried my absolute best, but apparently that was not good enough because you seem to not trust me."

     Arturia took a deep breath and leaned back into the seat, "Are you trying to lecture me, Diarmuid?"

     The young man narrowed his eyes and extended his hands in question, "Who said that?"

     "You know," she said, "these three months that we have known each other, you have been following me everywhere and nagging me."

     "Nagging you? Excuse me?" He questioned, "Have you forgotten about Gil being the one to complain about everything? I have tried my best to support you in every way that I could. Why are you being like this? I cannot believe that you cannot appreciate my help."

     "No one asked you to come along," Arturia sassed.

     "What honour as a knight would I have if I let a woman travel alone—or worse, with Gilgamesh?"

     Arturia let a chuckle slip but quickly composed herself, "So all you care about is your honour as knight? You care little of me?"

     "What? I honestly told you that I loved you yesterday, what makes you think that I do not care about you? You know, we can drop this whole 'marriage' act. I understand, you cannot stand my presence, you need not act nice to me in front of Thomas."

     Arturia's eyes widened and her jaw had dropped, "Uh..."

     "Sorry for lying to you, Thomas; we are not married. I love her but she is making me rather upset right now and I do not think that she returns my feelings at all." He did not like how one second Arturia was as sweet as honey, and then the next she was acting as if she had snakes for hair and they all wanted to bite him.

     Thomas gave an innocent smile as he rubbed his neck, "Haha, about that... I guessed as much already. It was obvious because you were fighting about murder the other time...usually married couples do not do that. They also do not confess their feelings after the wedding, they also do not marry after three months of knowing each other."