XL

Diarmuid had trouble leaving the Gilgamesh all alone

     Diarmuid had trouble leaving the Gilgamesh all alone. He watched the limp body and he still could not abandon him as if it was nothing, and thus he carried the body on his back and tried to overlook the pain in his leg. It was hard to not fall face first, but he did not want to leave Gilgamesh in such a place among other people. He stumbled through the long halls of the castle, not knowing where he was even going.

     As he walked an empty hall, he saw a door burst open and a blonde girl stumbling out at full force, not being able to stop herself from crashing against the other side of the hallway wall. He was stunned for a second or two but he made sure not to let go of Gilgamesh as he stepped back with wide orange eyes.

     The girl heaved and groaned before turning her head to Diarmuid after she had heard him take some steps. Her features softened upon seeing the man and there was a slow growing grin, "Diarmuid, is that Gilgamesh? Is he hurt?" She breathed.

     Diarmuid did not respond to Jeanne as he stepped inside of the room she had just freed herself from. That was when she noted the blood that stained Gilgamesh's armour and she hurried to Diarmuid's side to help him with the lifeless body.

     They set him down on the bed slowly and gently before they stood straight to look at the pale man, "He will survive, right?" Jeanne looked solemnly at the blond man. She had already felt how cold his hands were and how much his body weighed and she already knew the answer to that question—she simply denied it.

     Diarmuid gulped and shook his head, "He, um, he wanted to apologize to you, he said...he said you hated him."

     Jeanne shook her head rapidly and sat down on the bed next to the man that she wished was sleeping. She caressed his cold cheek and slowly pushed his hair back and out of his face, "I never hated you," she mumbled lowly and then took her hand back, catching a last glimpse of his face where she convinced herself that he was merely sleeping and then stood, "We should get going now, he will be safe in here."

     Diarmuid nodded slowly and followed Jeanne out the door and back into the hallways of the castle. It seemed to him as if it was more of a maze rather than a building. They closed the broken door behind themselves and Jeanne led the way to where she believed Cú Chulainn had escaped to after he had locked her in.

     Jeanne had been given Gilgamesh's golden sword because Diarmuid thought it could not be given to any other hands, and so she held onto the weapon as if it were Gilgamesh's life. Her violet eyes lifted from the sword as they continued to walk down the hallway with a frown on both their lips. They shared no words or glances; there was only silence between them.

     Two knights had seemed to emerge from out of nowhere and they were both being attacked. Diarmuid was busy fighting one of the knights to be paying attention to Jeanne but with Jeanne's possible broken arm or dislocated shoulder, she was having trouble swaying a sword and deflecting the blows of the man before her. Especially the fact that the man possessed a battle mace and not a sword, so the weight of the weapon caused her more pain.