XXVIII

"Well,  she really does need to rest for a long time

     "Well, she really does need to rest for a long time...but she told me that she really must get going so I think that a week and a half should be alright for her recovery." The doctor spoke to Diarmuid as they stood by the door of the room, "I have a few herbs and medicine that would be good for her."

     Diarmuid nodded, he was prepared to pay whatever the price was, "A week and a half? Are you certain that it is enough time?"

     The doctor sighed, "Well, it is the minimum amount of time she can rest for, that being said—she cannot be doing any hard labour or rough activities for the next month or so... If she does so, it can jeopardize her health."

     "Of course, I'll make sure that she does nothing to strain herself."

     He gave a nod and waited until Diarmuid gave him the pay and then left. Diarmuid, on the other hand, bit his lower lip as he gave the last of their funds to the doctor. They only had rented the room for another night and he did not know what he was going to do to let her rest in a comfortable room for the rest of the week. He would have to work, but no one would hire him for a simple week.

     Diarmuid glanced over at Arturia, who lay silently on the bed, and sighed, "Milady," he began—but did not even know what he was going to say—"Uh, I have to find some money..."

     "Was the doctor expensive?" Arturia turned her head towards Diarmuid, and he could see the lack of emotion in her eyes—as if they were still clouded over.

     He gave a small nod, "Do you think that you could be alone for a while? Whilst I find a short job?"

     "I do not want to be alone," she mumbled under her breath, "You can go ahead, and it's alright."

     "I will be back by mid-day to make you some lunch, I promise." He bowed his head and proceeded to the door.

     "Diarmuid," her voice stopped him by the door, "Thank you."

     "I'll see you in mid-day," He gave her a small smile before ducking out of the room. Diarmuid continued down the stairs of the inn and decided it was best to ask the bar owner, but he personally had no jobs to offer, so he sent him out to places that could give him some sort of work.

     The young knight looked down at the list that was given to him, and then he went on his merry way. The first few shops had rejected him because he would only be working for less than two weeks, and they were not willing to give their money to him.

     "What skills have you?" The blacksmith looked him over.

     Diarmuid bit his lower lip, "Heavy labour is something I could do for you. I do not know much about making weapons, but I can sell them very well. I am a knight, I can convince others that your merchandise is as good as any."