Chapter 24

ive finally updated yaaay, enjoy!

******************************************************************************************

The last memory I had of yesterday was one of great comfort as Elliot carried me bridal style into my dorm room, leaving me to ever lasting peace. Even in my drunken state I was captivated with the way I felt whilst being held and safe in his strong and muscular arms. Elliot wasn't as wasted as I was but he didn't want to drive us home in the state he was in. He had hailed a cab and took me home. Seriously, how many times was I going to keep doing this to him? I must be a nuisance to him, having to always take care of me like a child. But maybe I feel comfortable with the way he treats me and keeps me safe because I never felt that kind of protection from my parents. That's because they were hardly ever there. Ughh thinking about all this adds to the pain I'm feeling right now, especially in my head, so I can conclude that with all good things follow treacherous consequences. I rub my temples viscously as if the headache will dissipate and I rub at my eyes with my fists clenched to get rid of the tiredness.

After much struggle I had managed to pull myself out of bed, considering that it was still quite early in the morning I decided that it would be best to take a well-deserved shower to get me to come back to life as we still did have classes today and tomorrow.

I came out, got dressed and packed my bag, making sure to grab a bottle of water and a packet of aspirin from the drawer before I headed out to the canteen; not really bothering to care what my face looked like...

************

As I walk into the cafeteria, a pair of arms snake around my waist and I'm pressed against a hard chest. The smell of minty freshness wafts into my nose and I cuddle in, knowing fully well that Elliot is holding me. He plants a kiss on my neck. I feel his breath like a feather, tickling my skin and then he whispers good morning before he let's go. The sudden warmth that I had felt vanishes and I long for him to hold me again. As if he senses what I want he places his hand into mine, our fingers intertwining and moulding together to make a perfect fit.

"Morning" I smile back, joyful that his presence just makes my day.

"Oh yh, thanks by the way, for ... you know, taking me home".

"No problem, I'll always be here for you". He grins and my heart flutters. ARGHHH he's so flipping cute. Blimey.

We walk over to the bench which is already occupied by Sam and Marc and take our seats. I am very enthusiastically greeted by Marc who calls me a zombie which follows with a kick to the leg underneath the table and the statement is quickly changed to 'beautiful zombie'. Ehh better than before I suppose. We all laugh Sam offers me a blueberry muffin- may I include that blueberry muffins are my favourite so I don't hesitate when taking one. No need to act modest. We talked about the events that unfolded at the party yesterday which earns me a side glance from Elliot; clearly indicating that he was still thinking about who that idiot I had conversed with was.

"Did you hear about Tiffany?! Oh gosh you missed it. It's all over Facebook and Instagram but I was there to see it." Marc exclaims to the group; we were later joined by Tahira, Leanne, Ruby and Roland. I see Elliot tense beside me and I squeeze his hand in comfort. He doesn't look at me but I see his shoulders visually relax.

"She practically stripped on the table, she was pretty wasted by then and through herself at a very drunk boy". We all burst into laughter and are on our phones looking at what people have posted.

"Her dad won't be proud" Sam chips in with the comments whilst I scroll through my Instagram feed, seeing the mischief that unfolded after I had gone home.

"Mr Brookes practically had steam coming out of his ears when he came into school this morning."

"I wouldn't blame him".

I'm not really paying attention because I'm too busy laughing with Leanne at the videos and pictures. I feel a tinge of guilt at the humour being passed around the table and the fact that we are finding this situation that she is in way too funny, but honestly I can't help myself. If only she was civil with everyone and not the queen bitch, maybe I would continue to care and stand up for her but she did need taking down a few steps of that ladder she's climbed up on; thinking she rules over everyone.

All the guilt I feel disappears when my eyes land on the picture. The picture where a very naked Tiffany is sucking the life out of that drunken boy that she probably fucked after. It's the one and only Jason Waltz. Typical of him. I breathe out a heavy sigh and slap myself internally. How on earth did I have a crush on this douche for almost a year!? Damn. I must've been extremely stupid.

"Wait so how did Mr Brookes find out?" Leanne asks innocently.

"Oh honey, everyone has a dark side" Sam says cheekily, implying that someone had snitched.

"Or he just so happens to have Facebook himself Leanne" I drawl out, killing his pathetic excuse. We laugh and then the warning bell rings, drawing us back to the school day we had once forgotten when we had started this conversation. We grab all our things and head on out in our separate ways to the classes we had currently. I hadn't seen Lauren since yesterday and I had pondered where she had gotten to and where she was. I had class with her now and I was hoping that she would be there in her usual space at the back near the window but as I walked in her seat was neatly tucked under the desk. She wasn't here yet, and neither was she in my dorm when I woke up. I sighed and hoped for the best, I should've texted her earlier; I was such a bad friend!

I quickly sat down and drafted a text, asking her to call me and sent it to her before putting my phone away as Mr Gibson strolled in, declaring the first lesson of today.

*********

My phone buzzes and I am quick to rip it out from the pocket of my jeans, hoping that it will be a reply from Lauren. Not to say I was disappointed by who had texted me but I really hoped to know if Lauren was safe. I smile down at the screen and read the text from Elliot, responding quickly.

Elliot: are you free tonight?

Me: Yuppp

Elliot: I'll pick you up at 7 then J

Me: sure J

Just as I'm about to put my phone into my pocket and turn around I collide into a body, my phone smashing to the floor. I bend down to pick up what's left of it and then glance at the person I crashed into. A girl with a very familiar pair of Black Timberlands. I look up and scream in delight, pulling her close to me.

"Lauren!!!"

*********************************************

hope you liked this chapter! please do proceed to voting for the chapter and commenting if you would like :)

also please Message me if you are from America, im currently starting a new book but need some info about America to write about it, please thank you tehe!

vote

comment

share

stay smiling people :)