R⃟⠀E⃟⠀V⃟⠀E⃟⠀N⃟⠀G⃟⠀E⃟

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Warmth. A feeling Yuichiro Amane has never really, truly felt and embraced in an extremely long time. It was an amazing feeling that he longed for more of. Not to mention, he was sharing it with his loving and caring boyfriend, Mikaela Shindō.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela has finally healed from the illness he said he'd been going through the last few years of meeting Yuichiro one day— his doctor had proven so that he was better. And the raven could tell, too. They've been happier and couldn't have a care in the world when they were with one another. They were inseparable. Yuichiro was so in love with him, it was crazy. Even after all that's happened this year, he knew he still had made the right choice of giving Mikaela another chance. He wasn't himself; and now that he was, he couldn't and wouldn't ask for anything more.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro could see the change, and was more than convinced that everything could be forgotten and they could focus on the present rather than the past. He's moved on.

⠀⠀⠀He choose not to think about Yoichi Saotome so much, for he knew that the darkest thoughts would return and he'd be drenched with the abyss of his own mind. As much as he missed the brunet being with the Shinoa Squad, innocent and all, he couldn't bring myself to be trapped with the aching, agonizing memories of him. It was too much to process, and Yuichiro didn't want another episode of sobbing into the sheets and not leaving the comforting mattress of their room. He had already accepted all that had happened, and no way in Hell was he going to be dragged back and have more despairing thoughts engulf his head.

⠀⠀⠀Standing in front of the stove, metal pan upon the fire, Yuichiro flipped the batch of an uncooked pancake with skill whilst humming a small tune. Morning light stretched in through the glass of their window, hitting upon the back of his neck, arms, and legs with such warmth— he swore he could've just melted then and there. It was very comforting, reassuring, and a tiny spark of love came from that one ray of sunshine. It was homey, safe. Nothing he has ever felt before. An arm wrapped around his neck as another went down to snake around his waist, fingers entangling into the cloth of his shirt, and he squealed softly to craned my head to whom was clinging to him.

⠀⠀⠀"Ah, Mika, 'morning!" He said cheerfully.

⠀⠀⠀"Good morning, Yuu-chan." Mikaela muttered into Yuichiro's shoulder in a muffled voice.

⠀⠀⠀"You're up early today," Yuichiro commented as he flipped the pancake onto the plate, sneaking a glance at his lover's raging bed head and tired eyes that seemed to barely let him be able to see. He wasn't going to lie; it was an adorable sight. Not to mention that it was coming from Mikaela.

⠀⠀⠀"Just needed to see Yuu-chan's face a little earlier than usual this morning. Nothing more and nothing less." The blond said with a hint of pure amusement, and the raven swore he felt said male's lips rise into an invisible smirk. Yuichiro just gave an unpleasant snort before shooing away Mikaela with a simple bump of his hips, shoving the plate of pancakes into his chest. He heard the blond begin to laugh at how easily embarrassed and flustered he could become in such a small amount of time. He couldn't help it, though, as sad as it was. It ended up growing to be a huge disadvantage for him.

⠀⠀⠀Ears and cheeks soaked in a blush, Yuichiro chose to ignore Mikaela's comment and return to cooking. He was then interrupted by the ringing of his phone, which was buzzing rather loudly on the kitchen counter, vibrations echoing as it rumbled upon the glass frantically. Mikaela sent Yuichiro an expression of confusion and annoyance, putting down his fork to nod his head with a who-could-be-calling-you-this-early-in-the-morning kind of look. Yuichiro couldn't blame him for looking so angry because for one thing— he was, too. With a huff, he stomped his way to the phone and swiped it into his grasp, checking the ID.