A⃟⠀V⃟⠀E⃟⠀N⃟⠀G⃟⠀E⃟

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela has been acting odd, was Yuichiro's first thought once he was discharged from the hospital a couple of days before. He was relieved and glad to finally leave the building, for the place owned blinding, white lights too bright to handle, and the food they served all tasted the same no matter what was given to him. Sure, he was grateful to have been taken cared of as a mother would for a child, but he'd rather not be in a hospital, thanks. He's been staying there longer than he should have; two days because he took an extra strong blow to his face wasn't necessary, even if they said he could've gone blind.

⠀⠀⠀But now that he's returned, he can see a slight difference lurking amongst Mikaela's behavior, and he doesn't exactly know how to feel about it. There are days the blond would glare at the walls or down at his food as though it offended, threatened him in some way he couldn't fathom. Other times, he would minimize their time together, always scooting away at the slightest, or simply walking out of the house claiming he wanted some fresh air; and even then, if he asked if he wanted company, the male would shake his head and leave.

⠀⠀⠀It was odd, and it made Yuichiro nervous for what was about to come. He doesn't remember about anything he could've said to have upset his lover, and if there was some kind of issue that might've created this sudden change in his behavior, it might as well be the fight he and Kimizuki had. But then again, he thought they already resolved it and were on good terms. Perhaps not? Maybe he was still angry at initiating a pointless fight? Yuichiro rubbed his temples for ten minutes straight, nonstop drinking his cold beverage until his brain froze over and he had to stop. He just couldn't figure the shit out!

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-san, is there something wrong? Mitsu and I have been watching you drink that thing for the passed ten minutes without saying a thing. Does your head hurt? Do you need to go to the emergency room?" Shinoa asked within one breath, leaning over to examine him.

⠀⠀⠀Sighing, Yuichiro pushed the straw and drink altogether away from him, squeezing his eyes shut as the cold liquid attacked his head. He regained his conscious for his surroundings and placed his eyes on the smaller females' somewhat blurry figures. "No, Shinoa, I'm fine. It should be nothing, but I can't help feel like it's something." He placed his chin upon his knuckles and grunted.

⠀⠀⠀"Well, we're here to listen, so spill it," Mitsuba said as she bit into her donut.

⠀⠀⠀"It's nothing, really."

⠀⠀⠀"Please, Yuu, if it was, you wouldn't be looking like your dog just died."

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro found himself backed up into a corner, and the demanding glares that held some kind of worry in them didn't make it any better. There was no running away from a Shinoa or Mitsuba in mother-mode. He should be grateful because, hell, he doesn't have a motherly figure to look up to, so to see his friends care about him like a mother would made him feel loved. But at the moment, it felt like he's been scolded and punished for getting into trouble. He groaned in defeat. "Fine. Mika feels a little more... how should I say it... distant. He isn't himself, and I know for damn sure. He isn't as affectionate and caring; it's like he was switched from unbelievably adorable and sweet to cold-hearted and bitter. And the thing is, I have no idea why."

⠀⠀⠀Silence filled the atmosphere amongst the three, and a light breeze blew softly through them. Yuichiro could see how Shinoa and Mitsuba seemed to be thinking, trying to understand what could've happened that might've drew the blond away. "Maybe he's still a bit angry about what happened to you and Kimizuki that day. I mean, he did really hurt you, and he may be blaming himself for it— y'know, being unable to protect you."