R⃟⠀E⃟⠀T⃟⠀A⃟⠀L⃟⠀I⃟⠀A⃟⠀T⃟⠀I⃟⠀O⃟⠀N⃟

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Voices filled his mind. They were familiar to the point he was sure he could make out who was who. But what was being said, for the matter, he could not understand. It sounded like static, tones rising and falling like breathing, and sometimes it would echo— some words clear enough to hear, and others he could not. His vision was dark. He couldn't see anything, and he presumed his eyes were shut. He couldn't remember much of what happened, just for one that Kimizuki and he were arguing until his sight went black.

⠀⠀⠀Other than that, Yuichiro knew nothing.

⠀⠀⠀His eyes refused to open; not for anything. He struggled, hearing as the word become louder, and he strained to get closer towards it, inching to get nearer and nearer until he could see. He was tired of the darkness that swallowed him, wanted to witness the sight of light even if it was just a slight glare. Yuichiro could feel his lungs tighten like a snake constricting his chest, and the sudden feeling of being underwater. Sinking down lower into the abyss, he squirmed to get back up to the surface. He outstretched an arm, trying to get ahold of something, but no avail.

⠀⠀⠀The raven suddenly, after the final attempt to bring himself back above, took in a deep inhale and flung forward, eyelids flinging ajar. Yuichiro blinked several times, vision blurry and bright, having to shade his eyes towards how radiant the room was— pale white, blinding, and irritating. He rubbed them roughly, hoping to somehow create his eye sight to return. Once it did, he was rather puzzled to see his two friends hovering over him with teary eyes. Shinoa, especially, looked the most frightened.

⠀⠀⠀"Oh my gosh, Yuu-san!" Shinoa cried, placing her palms onto his shoulders. "You're okay, right? He didn't punch you too hard, did he? Yuu-san!"

⠀⠀⠀Mitsuba held his hand firmly. "Stupid Yuu, why would you provoke him?"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro breathed slowly, overwhelmed by the questions, and really, all he wanted to do was faint. Shinoa and Mitsuba whimpered, motherly petting him and feeling at his cheeks and forehead for anything abnormal. He would've pushed them away, but he didn't have the strength for such thing and let them do as they pleased. Yuichiro heard the faint movement in front of him, perhaps a chair scooting viciously against the tiles, and Shinoa was the first to react. "Mika-san, sit down—!"

⠀⠀⠀"Not until I speak to Yuu-chan." Mikaela snarled, careful to only place his palms against her small shoulders and hope to gently push her aside. But the lavender-haired female didn't budge, and she upheld her stubborn composure.

⠀⠀⠀"Mika-san, he's exhausted and in possible pain. For goodness sake, he got knocked out by a strong blow in between his eyes and nose. We can't start yelling at him as much as we know you're worried. Please calm down!" Mikaela's angry expression falter slightly at the look of the female's pleading gaze, though not enough to overthrow him completely, and he shoved passed her the easiest he could manage. The blonde female sent Mikaela a warning look, but reluctantly shifted to the side. The dark-haired male gulped inwardly, palms getting sweaty as he glanced away nervously.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-chan, who did this to you and why? Don't even try to lie to me." The blond questioned with a warning look, lips pursed together as he tried so hard not to send the wrong vibe.

⠀⠀⠀The raven looked hesitant whether he should tell the truth, chest becoming tight as a rush of sudden terror overcame him of what further damage Kimizuki could do, or at least stretch it enough it was suitable. He was lost, resulting to repeatedly opening his mouth to speak, though nothing came out. He might've looked lost, and now that he had most likely given away the fact he was on the verge of exaggerating the truth, Yuichiro sighed and lightly grabbed the end of Mikaela's sleeve. He didn't want the blond to start rambling on him being more careful and explaining his undying anger. Not to mention, Mikaela wasn't exactly the most understanding when it came to people that weren't him.