A⃟⠀N⃟⠀I⃟⠀M⃟⠀O⃟⠀S⃟⠀I⃟⠀T⃟⠀Y⃟

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Engulfed in his own thoughts, Yuichiro lays sprawled out on the couch, arm over his eyelids as he thinks deeply. He hasn't showered in days, has not made an attempt to collect himself. He's tried to eat, but he ends up tossing it back into the fridge for another time. He refuses to eat anything Mikaela cooks for him, suspicious and frightened of the things said male could've mixed obliviously. It was heartbreaking for the blond to hear, but he nodded and agreed to the statement. He decided to take time off from work for the week, mind focused on one thing and one thing only— healing Mikaela.

⠀⠀⠀He knew it was close-to-none possible, but it didn't hurt to try.

⠀⠀⠀And try they did.

⠀⠀⠀The first few tries ended in utter failure, each time resulting in either him getting throttled to the point he could've really died from suffocation, being viciously bitten that had drop after drop of bright, lucious crimson blood trickling down his shoulders and towards the floor, or almost being attacked by sharp objects that could've left him bleeding to death. His mind told him it was useless, that he should stop while he still could, and leave the person he loved so much todeal with the illness himself. But that wasn't half as a good idea.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro processed the blond's words: "You can't run away from me because wherever you go, I will follow, and I will stop at nothing to have you as mine, and mine alone."

⠀⠀⠀He was a lost cause no matter which trail he chose, no matter which route he followed— the other side would always end in a different, possibly negative effect. All he could do was hope that Mikaela could control his mind enough that is was livable and reasonable. But as much as he hopes, dreams, fantasizes for a normal life the Mikaela, he knows for sure things won't go as he planned it'd be. At those times, tears would prickle his eyes, threatening to fall at the most randomest of moments, his lips quivering and forming into a deep frown, teeth biting relentlessly on his lip as he bit back useless sobs. He wanted too many things, and because of that, he was given nothing.

⠀⠀⠀Whenever Mikaela was normal, being the content and thoughtful person he should've been and remain as, Yuichiro would sigh with relief and play reality like he would in his fantasies. They'd be together like they should, love each other like they should, not be stressed of the knowingly dangerous obstacles in their way like they should. He would picture a happy family in a memory-filled room and feel warmth embrace his heart. He would treasure it like gold, lock it, and throw the key way. But even if he throws the key to his heart into the ocean, never to be retrieved, gold can never stay.

⠀⠀⠀The the beast would come out and all of those dreams would vanish into thin air, the several moments of nightmares attacking him in every direction, thrashing at him, biting at him like they wanted to devour him whole, claw and tear his body piece by piece. He would be forced to remember that things weren't going to go his way, that he would be stuck to endure the pain, the blood, the monster. And he wasn't prepared for any of that matter. Not again.

⠀⠀⠀Lost in thought, Yuichiro laid flat on the bed, sheets falling over the mattress and pillows sprawled out everywhere on the floor. His arm covered his eyelids, depleting any light that might've wanted to peek through. Mikaela was at his 'weekly sessions', over maybe he wasn't, who knew— he didn't. Things that the blond told him were things he didn't know whether to believe or dismiss as false. But seeing as there wasn't much to do but trust him, he did so and let the male slip away for the rest of the evening without interrogation. Besides, asking him where he was going wouldn't end well for him. Especially not in the state Mikaela was in.