Katie-cat

The stories are going to be from this century with iPhones and stuff like that, and there will still be socs and greasers of course.

Dally's POV:

I was sitting at the table playing poker with Soda and Steve, Two-bit was on couch watching mickey mouse, and Ponyboy and Johnny were in the bedroom that he and Soda shared. The smell of cancer sticks and beer filled the room. Steve kicked the ace out of Soda's shoe, I chuckled and set down my seven queens. I win, now that Soda cheated. My phone rang in the living room, I got up to get it.

"Hello." I answered. "Hello, is this Dallas Winston?" A woman asked in the other end. "Yeah, who is this?" "This is Mary Evans from social services.....your father was Kevin Winston, correct?" "Yes." "Are you aware that you have a baby sister, Katie?" "Yes." "Your father is convicted of child neglect and abuse, we have Katie down here and we were wondering if you wanted to adopt her."

I ran my fingers through my hair, and went on the back porch. I love my sister and I would do anything for her.

"What would I have to do to get her?" I asked. "You would just have to come down here, sign a few papers, and take her home with you." She said.

"We have her down here, and we asked her who she would like to live with and she said her older brother Dallas." When Mary said that it melted my heart. 'Katie wants to live with me?' I thought.

"I'll be down there in a couple of hours." I said heading back inside. "Ok, call back when you're getting close, do you need directions?" She asked. "Nope." "Alright well have a good afternoon." I hung up.

"Everything ok Dal?" Soda asked me. I set down my phone. "Yeah, I just need to talk to all of you guys." Soda yelled for Ponyboy and Johnny. Lucky for me Darry came in the house just then. "Guys sit down in the living room, I gotta tell you guys something."

Everyone sat down. "Ok, so I have a little sister who is 4 and my dad has neglected and abused her. She is with social services right now, and she wants to live with me. The thing is, I don't know where she's going to stay, she can't stay at Buck's because she's too young-" Darry got up from his chair and walked over to me. "She can stay in Soda's old room, while you get a job, and try to get a place of your own." He put his hand on my shoulder. He knew exactly what I wanted. "Thanks man." I said slouching into the couch.

"What's your little sister's name?" Johnny asked me. "Katie." I answered. "Katie-cat is what her nickname can be." Two-Bit jumped up. "Last time I checked she loved cats, so that could work." I said. "When's the last time you saw her Dal?" Ponyboy asked. "When she just turned 2." "You said she's 4." Steve asked. I nodded. "We can have some fun with that, can we Soda?" "Yup." Soda answered. "What about your mom?" Two-Bit asked. "Mom's in Texas with her new boyfriend she can't take care of Katie."

Mom tried to take me and Katie with her when she divorced dad, but dad had a way better lawyer and we weren't allowed to see mom. Ever since I moved out of dad's I kept in touch with mom lately.

After a few hours of talking about Katie with the guys, I decided to go get her. I drove down the road and called Mary from social services and told her I was on my way.

I found a parking space and got out. I opened the door, and a lady greeted me as soon as I walked in. She claimed to be Mary, I smiled as she handed me a few papers. I skimmed through, signed, and handed them back to Mary. She smiled and led me to the room Katie was in.

A small little girl with blonde hair and big brown eyes looked up at me, swinging her feet. I smiled at her, she smiled back. "Hi Dally." She said in a small voice. "Hi Katie." I crouched down to her level. Mary left the room so I thought I would tell Katie what was going to happen. "Now Katie, you're going to be living with some my friends for a while, but you'll still see me every day, okay?" "Okay." She said back. She got down from the chair she was sitting on and hugged me, I hugged her back.

I picked her up and got her stuff from Mary, and walked to the car. I set Katie in the passenger seat and buckled her up. I drove back to the Curtis's. When we got there I called Two-bit and asked him to help me with Katie's stuff.

We set all of Katie's stuff next to the bed Katie was sitting on. "Alright, Katie this is Two-Bit." I pointed to Two-Bit who was leaning on the closet door. Katie smiled. Two-Bit smiled back.

"This is Ponyboy, and Johnny." Katie waved at them, they waved back.

"That's Soda and Steve, which Two-Bit and them gave you the nickname Katie-cat, so you're stuck with that." Katie giggled, Soda, Steve, and Two-Bit chuckled.

"And this is Mr. muscles, Darry." Darry rolled his eyes at me. Katie smirked.

"Hey, she's got the same smirk as you Dal." Two-Bit pointed out. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Katie. She did have the same smirk, and the same smile, and the same New York accent.

8 months later:

Katie is five now. I've got my own house today, but Katie doesn't know it yet. Me, Johnny, and Ponyboy packed all of her stuff today and put it in her new room.

Katie has learned how to read a little, thanks to Ponyboy. She can write a little too, thanks to Soda and Steve.

Katie has turned out to be everyone's favorite in the gang. Two-Bit uses her to pick up girls. He watches Mickey mouse with her and he plays with her.

Soda and Steve have her do easy work around the DX, like getting them rags, and buckets. Soda and Steve also play with her.

She's Johnny's little ray of sunshine. She makes him happy every time he sees her.

Ponyboy finds her to be his twin. He likes to read to her, and she reads a couple of words back.

Katie is Darry's favorite out of all of us, well, next to Soda and Ponyboy.

As for me, Katie is my little princess and always will be. She makes me happy, and she's one of the reasons why I'm still looking for a job.
__________________________________

Soda's POV:

"Katie can you get me a rag from the bin in the back?" I asked. "Yeah." Katie got down from her stool and ran inside.

2 girls, Sarah and Brooklyn, had stopped at the DX for their windshield and windows to get clean.

"She's so cute." Sarah said. "Is she your baby sister?" Brooklyn asked. "No she's my friends sister, but I consider her as my sister." I said picking up a bucket of water.

"Aww, that's so sweet." Sarah said. Katie ran back with 2 rags. "I got 2 in case you needed another one." She said handing them to me. "Thanks sweetie." I said taking them from her.

"Do you like working with Soda?" Brooklyn asked Katie. "I guess, I should get money for it." She said going back to her stool.

The girls and I laughed. Katie attracts more customers in by saying the cutest things around them.

Steve came out from the break room. I threw him a rag as he walked over to the car. We cleaned the windows and the windshield. The girls drove off.

Dally's truck pulled up with him, Johnny, and Ponyboy in it. They all got out. Katie ran to them, well more specifically, Johnny.

Johnny smiled and picked her up as she ran to him. "Hey cutie." He said as he carried her to where Steve and I were. "Hi Johnnycake." Katie smiled. "Hey Johnny, Pony, Dal." I said putting away my rag. "Sup dudes." Steve said. They all said hi back. "How was she?" Dally asked. "Katie has been an awesome helper today." Steve said sitting down. "And she's been keeping the customers happy by saying that we should pay her to help." I added with a chuckle. "You should pay her." Pony jokingly said.

Dally smiled. "Katie-cat wanna see the new house I bought?" Katie's eyes got big. "Yeah." "Do y'all wanna see it too?" Dally asked me and Steve. "Yeah sure we got nothing to do." I said getting my jacket.