A Date With Daddy

Dally's POV:

I told mom to not contact me and I deleted her number. I told the guys about it and they decided that they're staying at my house for awhile.

I put Katie to sleep about 4 hours ago. The guys and I were staying up playing video games and watching movies in one of the guest rooms. We were about to put in another game when Katie opened the door. We all looked at her. Her eyes were wide and she was breathing heavily. "There's someone outside my window." She said. I looked at the gang. We all got up and grabbed our switchblades. I told Johnny and Ponyboy to stay with Katie.

I grabbed ahold of the doorknob. I flung the door open and we ran out to Katie's bedroom window. We saw someone there. I ran to him, he was faster. He jumped into a white pickup truck and left.

We went back inside. Katie was in the den. The guys just stared at me. "Why don't we watch a movie in here?" I suggested. Katie went into her room to get her stuffed animal and blanket. I popped a movie in and sat on the couch next to Katie. She crawled into my lap and hid her face in my chest.

A few days later

I knocked on Katie's door. There was no answer. I opened it quickly. She wasn't in her room! "Guys!" I yelled through out the house. All the guys jumped up. "Katie's gone!!!"
"What??!!" They all asked. "Mom probably got her! I don't know where she would've gone!" I was hyperventilating. "Dallas, calm down." Soda said. "I CAN'T FUCKING CALM DOWN!!! MY SISTER IS GONE! MY ONE AND ONLY SISTER IS GONE!!!!" Then everything went black.

I woke up to Two-Bit feeling my head. I then remembered what had happened. I jumped up and grabber my jacket. "Dally where you goin?" Steve asked me. "I gotta go find Katie." Darry grabbed my arm. "You can't go. We gotta call the police!"
"The damn police ain't gonna do anything!" I said slamming the door.

Later that night....

I came home heartbroken. My little sister was gone. I slumped down against the door. I pulled my knees up as tears ran down my face. How could I go on without her? A knock was at my door. I sat up, wiped my face, and opened the door. There were two cops standing there. "Dallas?" A voice asked. I squinted my eyes. I recognized that person.

I opened my eyes. "Dallas. I'm hungry." A voice whined. My vision became more clear. It was Katie! I sat up quickly and hugged her. "Good morning to you too. I'm hungry and you've been sleeping for awhile." She said. I pulled her back. "Katie, are you okay?" I asked. She nodded. "Yeah? Why?"
"I had a dream where dad got you and I couldn't find you." I could see the fear in Katie's eyes. "That will never happen sweetie. I'll be sent to jail before he is." Katie looked down. "I hope he don't get me."
"He won't. I'll make sure of that. You want something to eat?"
She nodded. "Okay, I'll get you something."

Later that day, I took her to the Curtis house. I told them about my dream. "That's messed up." Johnny said. "You want us to keep her for awhile, until you can get everything under control?" Darry asked. I shook my head. "No man, I'll be alright."
"We'll be happy to take her."
"I'll take you up on that offer if I feel like I can't handle her and mom at the same time." I sat there for a minute and thought about it. "Actually, will you guys take her today?" I asked.
Darry nodded. "Of course."

I took Katie home. "You mean you don't want me anymore?" She asked as we drove home. "No, that's not it. I just gotta handle mom right now. I'll still see you everyday." I explained. "You're going to live with Darry, Sodapop, and Ponyboy. That'll be fun." Katie shook her head. "I won't live with you."
"You used to live with them when I was trying to get the house and you still saw me every day."

We got home and I got most of her clothes out of her closet and some of her toys and put them in a couple of bags. I put them in the car. "Dally, I don't wanna go. I wanna stay here with you." She hugged my legs. I unwrapped her arms. "Katie, here, you are in danger. You'll be safe there. And I'll visit you everyday."

I put her in the car and we drove back to the Curtis house. Sodapop, Ponyboy, and Darry helped bring her bags in her old bedroom. Katie clinged on to my hip. "Don't leave me." She said hugging my neck. "Katie, I'll be back later tonight. I'll see you before you go to bed. I promise." I tried to set her back down, but she held on tighter. I sighed and got her to let go. "I'll be back." I said. Soda came up behind her and picked her up.

Sodapop's POV:

"Dally'll be back." I said. Katie sniffled. "Hey, we're gonna fix up your room again. Why don't you check it out?"
Katie nodded. I carried her inside to her room. The gang was already working on it. Katie looked around and smiled. "You like it so far?" I asked her. She nodded. I'm pretty sure she'll settle in quickly.