Dally's Girlfriend

Dally's POV:

I watched as Katie ran around the living room with Sodapop and Steve. One of them caught up to her and started tickling her. "Okay guys, put her down before she runs out of breath." I said they put her down. Katie held on to her chest exaggeratedly. "Before?" I chuckled and poked her stomach.

I was waiting for my old girlfriend, Kris, to arrive. I looked down at my phone in hope that she texted me telling me she was in the driveway, but I didn't see any new messages. I sighed as Katie climbed onto the couch next to me. "When is your girlfriend gonna get here?" She asked. I smiled a little. "She'll be here in awhile." I replied. "Do you remember her?" Katie asked. I nodded. "A little bit."
"Was she pretty?"
I looked at Katie with my eyebrows furrowed, making her laugh. "You ask too many questions." I said turning her upside down and putting her on the floor.

"Why don't you go play with the boys? They're all downstairs." I said. Katie nodded and went downstairs, carefully holding onto the rail.

Katie is over at the house just for today. After the gang hangs out here for a little bit, Kris and I can catch up (if ya know what I mean).

I heard my phone ding. I looked in my inbox. Kris texted me telling me she was here. I smiled and called everybody upstairs.

We all went outside on the porch. I got down and went to the driveway. Katie followed me. I was going to tell her to go back to the boys, but she wouldn't listen anyways.

I looked at the dark blue car sitting next to my red car and Darry's truck. A girl with teal hair stepped out. She wasn't small, but she wasn't tall. She looked over at me and smiled. "Hey Dal!" She said hugging me. "Kris?" I asked. She pulled back. "Duh! It's so good to see you!" She hugged me again.
I remember her hair being brownish-blonde. I hugged her back this time. I looked down at Katie, who was examining Kris.

I pulled back. "Kris, this is my sister Katie." I said. Kris smiled. "Hi Katie." Katie took a few steps closer to Kris and hugged her thighs. Kris awed at her and gave her a hug. I rolled my eyes. I knew what Katie was doing. She was trying to make sure if she liked Kris or not. She once told me that hugs are everything in a girl. If she gives good hugs, then she's good.

When Katie let go, we walked over to the porch. Kris met the gang. They seemed to like her okay.

We then went out to eat. Katie held on to mine and Kris's hands. Kris giggled a little. "Are you the little match maker?" She asked Katie. Katie giggled and nodded skipping.

When we all got a boothe, Katie sat by me. She reached over at Kris's hand and mine. She put them together. My face turned red as Kris laughed and leaned over to kiss her cheek and then mine. I turned to look at her. "Your sister's got your charm." She smiled. I smirked. She really did take that up from me.

When we got home, Two-bit tried to get Katie to go downstairs with him and the rest. "C'mon Katie." He begged. "We're gonna play Super Mario on the Wii."
"No." Katie said climbing up onto the couch next to me. "I don't want to."
"Why don't you go Katie?" I asked. "It sounds like fun. Kris and I are going to watch a boring movie."
"I don't want to go downstairs." Katie said again. She was on the verge of tears.
"Katie, me and Kris want to have some alone time. We spent all day playing and we'll do it again tomorrow. And Kris is staying, so maybe she could play with us." I explained.
Katie sat there sniffling and then nodded.
"Alright!" Two-bit lifted her on his shoulders as Katie giggled.

I turned to Kris. "I'm sorry. Mom is still coming over here and I have to bolt all doors and windows and she misses me being with her and you're here an-" Kris cut me off. "It's fine. I understand. Katie is a real sweetheart. I don't blame her for wanting to be with her big brother."
"Yeah. She's gonna have to leave around 8, so that'll be a real show for ya."
Last time Katie came, she was a sobbing mess when it came time for her to leave. She clinged on to anything she could get her hands on and when she got in the car, she cried harder as she saw me standing in the driveway waving to her. Darry said when they got home, she tired herself out by crying so much. I sighed knowing it was going to be worse since she has to leave at the time she usually goes to bed, so she'll be tired already.

Kris and I laid on the couch watching a horror movie I picked out. We use to watch horror movies all the time. When it was over, I looked at the clock. It was 7:55. I mentally cursed as I knew what was coming.

Darry came upstairs followed by Sodapop, Ponyboy, Johnny, and Katie. "The rest went home." Darry said. I nodded. I said bye to Johnny, Darry, and his brothers. Next was Katie.

"I'll see you later Katie-cat." I said kneeling down. Katie hugged my neck tight. I felt her tears on my neck. I tried to pull her back, but she clinged harder. "Katie, you gotta go." I said standing up with her in my arms. "No." She cried grabbing onto the back of my shirt.
"Yes. Oh, do you wanna give Kris a hug?" Katie hugged Kris and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I had fun, sweetie." Kris said. "Me too." Katie hiccuped.

I tried to hand her off to Darry, but Katie wasn't having it. "Katie, you need to go. It's past your bedtime."
"No." She sobbed. "I wanna stay here with you and Kris."
"I know, but we'll see you tomorrow." I finally got her off me and to Darry. "But I don't wanna go!" She cried harder. "Let me stay!"
"I love you and I'll see you tomorrow." Was all I said as Darry carried her downstairs.
"I miss you though!" Katie tried one last time. "I love you!"
"I love you too!" I yelled after her.

Kris rubbed my back. "Your mom should really leave y'all alone." I nodded. "I hope she's not only making us miserable, but herself as well."