Jane (mom) Winston

Dally's POV:

I was sitting in the dinning room, paying bills. I heard Katie come up the stairs. Katie walked over and sat in the chair next to me.

"Dally wanna play?" She asked with her big brown eyes staring at me. I smiled. "I can't right now sweetie."
"Later?"
"When I get done with paying the bills, we'll play alright." "Okay."

Two-Bit, Johnny, and Ponyboy came in through the back door on the porch. "Hey Dal, ya need help?" Ponyboy laughed. "Very funny, but I'm almost done."
"If you were almost done, you would hurry up so we can play." Katie said sinking in her chair. Two-Bit smiled and put Katie on his shoulders. "I'll play with ya, I haven't got to play all day."

Two-Bit carried Katie downstairs on his shoulders, Johnny followed. Pony sat on the couch and watched TV.

After about 15 minutes, I finished the light bill. I got up and went into the living room. "Pony wanna go down to the DX to pick up Soda and Steve?" I asked putting on my jacket. "Yeah sure I'll go with ya." He said putting on his shoes.

We went downstairs. Johnny and Two-Bit were laying on the floor. Katie was laying on top of Two-Bit being tickled by him. I smiled and shook my head. "Do y'all wanna go with me to the DX to pick up Soda and Steve?"
Katie sat up and tried to run over to Johnny.

"No, I'll stay here." Two-Bit said grabbing Katie. She squealed.
Johnny got up and walked over to Two-Bit and Katie. "I'm gonna stay here too."
"Alright, Katie do you wanna go?" I asked. Katie shook her head. "Nope she's gonna stay with me and Johnny!" Two-Bit said as he tickled Katie. Katie squealed and giggled. I smiled. "Okay, we'll be back in a little while." I said as I closed the door.
__________________________________
17 minutes later
__________________________________

We all stared at Two-Bit who was hiding behind the couch when we came through the door. Then we saw Johnny come downstairs. "Get out from behind the couch Two-Bit."

Two-Bit swung over the arm rest. "Katie's good at hiding Dal." Johnny said going back upstairs. I smiled and rolled my eyes. We all went upstairs after Johnny.

Darry, Steve, Ponyboy, Soda, Johnny, and Two-Bit all sat in the living room and turned on the Simpsons marathon.

I went into my room and opened my closet. I hung my coat up when I heard "Hi Dally." I jumped back.

Katie came out from behind my other coats. "Did I scare you?" She giggled. "Yes you did you little monster." I picked up Katie and kissed her on the cheek. I threw her on the bed and tickled her. She squealed and giggled.

"Dal, your phone is ringing!" I heard Soda yell. I went out to answer it. It was my mom.

"Hey mom what's up?" I said going back into my bedroom. "Hey Dal, I have some news, Craig has asked me to marry him and a few months ago, we got a house here in Oklahoma!"
"Mom that's great, whens the wedding?"
"I was thinking here in a few months."
"That's awesome Mom!"
Mom was quite for a minute.
"So, I heard that you have custody of Katie now."

My eyes got wide. "I'm surprised you remember her name." I chuckled as I laid down next to Katie. Mom laughed. "I haven't stopped thinking about her ever since I moved out. How is my little angel?"
"She's good. She's grown a lot too."
"I miss her so much, will I get to see her?"
"Of course mom. Do you wanna talk to her?"
"Oh yes, I'd love that."
I smiled. "Katie, mommy's on the phone do you wanna talk to her?" Katie smiled and nodded. I handed the phone to her.
__________________________________
Phone conversation

Hi mommy

Hi baby, how are you?

I'm fine.