Cuddles After Midnight

Normal POV

I sighed as the storm clouds began to fill the sky. I knew Katie was NOT a fan of storms. Kris came up and hugged me from behind. "What're you worrying about?" Kris asked.
"Me?" I tried to play cool. "Nah. I'm not worried."
Kris sucked her teeth. "Dally stop playing that shit with me. You're not that tough guy anymore."
"I am when I need to be."
"Yeah, well if you're gonna keep yourself sheltered like this you're only going to get weaker. You're like a book now. I turn the page everyday and there's always something new I learn about you. And what I've learned the most is that you're very easy to read when someone spends enough time with you, so tell me."

I sighed. "You know. Just Katie."
Kris smiled a little. "Yeah? What about her?"
"She's over and I know Darry won't drive in a storm, your car's in the shop, and everyone else is busy. She also doesn't like storms all that well and she's probably going to end up staying the night, which is really dangerous a-"
"Dally, calm down a little." Kris said. "Damn now I know why you're softer now."
"So what? I care about my sister, but that's because she's got nowhere to go and both of our parents are fucked up."
"Mhm. Yeah right. You care about her because you love her."
"Says who?"
"Again, you're easy to read." Kris said walking off.

"Fuck." I mumbled. "Katie! Come here!"

Katie ran up the stairs. "What Dally?"

"Soooo..." I trailed off.

Katie did some hand motions telling me to keep going. "Go on."

"You're staying here with me tonight."

"Really?!" Katie asked excitedly.

"Uhhh yeah." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Why?"

"Well there's a storm coming."

Katie frowned a little. "A storm?"

I nodded as Katie ran to her bag that was in my room. I was confused as to what she was looking for. Her face completely fell when she took everything out of her bag.

"What's wrong?" I asked coming in.

"I don't have my blanket." Katie said in a small voice.

I mentally cursed at myself. I knew that was her comfort item. So that meant we would all be uncomfortable tonight during the storm.

"Katie-" I started.

Katie ran past me and downstairs into her room.

Kris came in after she ran out and asked what happened.

"Katie doesn't have her damn blanket, so we're all in for a hell night."

Kris nodded but backed away into the door frame. "I'll be right back."

"The hell are you going?" I asked.

"Katie's room!" Kris yelled running down the stairs.

_______________________________________

Kris's POV:

I came downstairs and walked to Katie's room. She was laid face down on the air mattress that we blew up for her so she could play on it. I could tell she was crying. Her's and Dally's cries are the same. Silent unless they're talking while crying.

I sat down on the air mattress and rubbed her back.

"Katie, it'll be ok." I tried soothing her.

"No it won't." Her little muffled voice said.

"Yes it will." I said looking around the room trying to cheer her up. Finally I knew what to do.

I got up from the air mattress and opened up Katie's closet. There was a clear bag on the top shelf and inside it was a back up comfort item. It was a stuffed dog that she had left for Dally to remember her by even though he sees her every day. I got it out and sat down on the air mattress again.

"Katie, do you remember leaving a certain someone behind for Dally?" I asked.

Katie lifted her head. She was a mess. Her nose was all snotty and her cheeks were blotchy and little strands of hair were stuck to her cheeks. Nevertheless, she saw her stuffed dog and took it out of my hands and hugged it.

I chuckled. "Better?"

Katie nodded. "Thank you Kris."

"Awww. You're welcome." I said getting up and going to the bathroom. I grabbed a handful of toilet paper and wiped her nose and cheeks.

I picked her up after throwing the toilet paper in the trash and carried her back upstairs.

"And while it rains outside, we can watch movies inside all night." I said while going up the stairs. "And eat junk food." Katie giggled, which made me smile.

When I got to the top of the stairs, Dally was across the living room looking at me confusedly.

"Where's the runaway girl who ran downstairs and hid?" He asked.

"She's right here." I said putting Katie down. "I gave her the stuffed dog she gave you."

"Damn. I forgot I had that." Dally whispered.
"You told me she left it for you one day so you wouldn't be sad when she left." I smiled, looking at Katie, who cuddled the dog.
"Well I guess we should pick out a movie." Dally sighed. "What will it be, Katie? Monster's Inc. or Over The Hedge?"
_______________________________________

"Dallas." I whispered. "Katie's asleep." Dally looked over at Katie who was cuddled into the couch between us. "Guess I should put her to bed." Dally said picking Katie up gently. "So you and I can watch another movie." Dally kissed me before taking Katie downstairs.

Dally's POV:

I carried Katie downstairs to her room and laid her down on the air mattress. I covered her up with her a blanket and made sure she had the stuffed dog. I quickly kissed the top of her head and quietly ran out of the room and quietly shut the door.

I ran up the stairs and found out Kris had already started the movie. I smirked and pulled Kris into me.
"You know me so well."
"Well we sorta dated for awhile before." Kris smiled.
_______________________________________
Normal POV:

It was a huge make out session before any clothes came off, but they didn't get far.

Katie woke up due to being scared of the storm. She stood at the top of the stairs, not really seeing what Dally and Kris were doing, which was a really good thing.

"Dally." Katie said quietly.

Dally and Kris stopped abruptly. Dally cussed under his breath, knowing he had a hard on and his baby sister was standing right there.

Kris quickly threw her shirt back on, ignoring her bra that was hanging on the back of the couch and her pants that were on the table.

Dally threw on his pants and groaned loudly when he saw that really didn't solve the problem.

Kris was already crouched down in front of Katie.
"What's wrong, sweetie?" She asked. "The storm outside is scary." Katie simply said as Dally crouched down next to Kris.

"Katie, it's a simple storm." Dally said annoyed that Katie interrupted them at the worst time possible. "C'mon. You need to go back to bed." He said taking her hand and starting to lead her back downstairs.

Thunder cracked and lighting lit up the whole house.

Katie screamed and jumped into Dally's arms. Kris was already by Dally's side, rubbing Katie's back.

About a second later, the power went out. Katie cried even louder. Kris and Dally both rubbed her back and tried to make her cries subside by shushing her.

Dally carried her to the couch and sat down. Kris followed and sat next to Dally and continued to rub her back and whisper sweet nothings to her.
_______________________________________
After awhile, Kris lifted her head up from Dally's shoulder and smiled when she saw Katie and Dally asleep.

As much as he wanted to hide it, Dallas Winston was an amazing big brother to Katie. And Kris knew it.

Oof guys. It's been awhile. I have no excuses. Vote and comment if you enjoyed it!❤️💕❤️